All reviews toilet block fishing lake kingfisher lodge fire pit great site shop on site nice lake gliding club reviews mention lovely campsite on arrival good size pitches caravan chalet facilities gliders
Reviewed 10 August 2018

I booked the new glamping tent for my family including two young boys. The glamping tent was well facilitated with a comfortable king size bed for us and a single bed for the kids (though they always end up on our bed). Rental includes a barbecue, and we also rented a fire pit and bought wood from them for very cheap prices. The chairs available at the tent were very comfortable and great. Best thing for us was that we we were quite secluded from everyone and had a large amount of open space next to us for the kids to run around and play in. There was a forest behind us which proved a hit with the kids for playing hide and seek. The lake was beautiful, though it was let down by a lot of animal excrement around it. I managed to catch a small fish although I've never properly done fishing before so that was great too!
The toilet and shower block wasn't too far away and it mostly clean and empty whenever we needed to use it.

All in all, it was good and considering it was the first time camping for the family, they loved it and we would like to visit again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ibzo L
Reviewed 6 August 2018

A tranquil setting indeed, if it were not for the hordes of children running round sceaming and shouting until after dark. My advice is not to have pitch 1 for your caravan as it backs on to the septic tank and if the weather is hot, as it has been, it stinks! Most unpleasant, we ended up having to shut our windows!
The shower block is basic to say the least and not very clean (although I think that's to do with the visitors, rather than the owners) no shower curtains on cubicles so your clothes end up getting wet if you are not careful. Insufficient amentitles when it is busy which it was last weekend. This site needs some money spending on it, it could be so much more than it is at present, which is a shame because the setting is lovely.
Wifi was available to those staying in the lodges, but not those camping and caravanning.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sosb
Claire H, Manager at Brook Meadow, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Thank you for your comments which we have read with interest and we are sorry you did not enjoy your stay.

Regarding the Wi-Fi we have recently installed fibre optic cable to the shower block, which will be up and running soon, to provide great internet access to all our visitors.

As soon as we were made aware of the smell from the Septic Tank we immediately arranged for this to be emptied, which was done on 1st August, including a service which has alleviated the problem.

We have a quiet after 10pm policy and our Site Warden is available at weekends for any of our campers who may be experiencing any problems such as other guests being noisy.

Our Shower Block is cleaned daily and only 4 years old, as such it is a facility we often receive compliments about, but we are sorry you didn't find it in good order, we will look into a better way to keep clothes dry whilst showing.

We are continually looking at ways of improving our facilities and experiences on offer. We have recently launched our new website, https://www.brookmeadow.co.uk/ where you can see the investments we have been making; we have refurbished two existing lodges and built a brand new one with a high end design and specification. We have increased staffing hours and added a Safari Glamping Tent to our site and will continue to invest into Brook Meadow.

Thank you for your feedback, we hope you are reassured by our response and we would love to welcome you back to Brook Meadow.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Small group of us went camping for one night, during the week. Not busy so extra space. Nice lake to walk around or go fishing. My dog loved it. Shop in reception to get necessities and local eggs. Shower block with washing up area available.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

I'll try and be as fair as possible.
The site is a good size with what I think is a decent, modern but basic shower and toilet block. Some reviews mention that this isn't always clean, which is accurate. This morning there were clumps of what I hope is facial hair all over a male shower cubicle, and poo smeared on the side of the toilet cubicle. I blame the occupants rather than the site though.

My biggest problem with the site is that it's very noisy, and full of big groups of children. Reading other reviews, it seems like a popular place for groups and families to meet up and that has certainly happened this weekend. Not against this, but literally all that can be heard is shrieking groups of girls and boys, often right outside my tent with the parents apparently seeing their holiday also as a break from regulating their children's volume/behaviour. When I read in other reviews 'plenty of space for children to play's, I wonder why those people don't consider that other people might be occupying that space.

I'm not overstating it when I say that last night was literally like camping in a school play ground at break time..if break time was all day and ended at about 1am.

I'm trying not to be too grumpy about it, as I'm aware that kids need to let off steam. But going by the adverts etc speaking about a tranquil and peaceful site, I would have to say this is misleading, at least during a weekend in the holidays.
To be fair, it is the holidays and a weekend, but I can certainly say that the 10pm noise curfew on the rules sheet is ignored by guests and is not enforced by the site.
Bear this in mind when considering the site.

It's not all negative. I would definitely consider coming again, in term time and in the week. As I say, it is a good site, it's set in lovely surroundings and has amazing potential. Sitting here though, preparing for another sleepless night, I am thinking I will never come again on a weekend.

It's the same old story about a few bad apples, but in my experience it's a few dozen bad apples. On the plus side, if you are in a group and want a place for your children to annoy others while you sit and drink, this place has you covered.

I think the site should decide whether it wants to be known as a loudish family site, or a quiet, peaceful one. If you try and do both and just go for the numbers, people will just get jarred off.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Such a beautiful venue and the chalets are to a high standard. Very relaxing place to be after the pressure and stress of work. Central to a number of attractions!
If you love fishing then there is a well stocked lake!
All in all a great place to stay. We wil definitely be back

Date of stay: July 2018