“Great Tapas in Town”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Peregian Beach, Australia
“Great Tapas in Town”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Good tapas and well priced. Good sized servings. Pleasant staff with no one rushing you to leave. Can't go wrong for the drink/food value here.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Stefan M

Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Terrific tapas ”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Friendly little restaurant, great atmosphere and decor, excellent service and the tapas lived up to expectation. 4 fantastic dishes promptly served and all delicious. Amazing value for money too. Another great find.....

2 Thank DavidLadley
Famagusta, Cyprus
“If you like something different......”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Went here on a Saturday evening. The service was good. Staff friendly. Food served quickly, but I think this maybe due to the fact it was previously frozen and heated to order. Nothing to write home about but a pleasant evening with adequate food, excellent cocktails and lovely staff.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Brenda J
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
“Spanish Revenge”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The Costas of Spain are littered with British pubs & restaurants serving up a cuisine of mediocrity. I think this is an example of the Spanish getting their own back on us. We were visiting Mkt. Harborough, saw this restaurant and decided to call in. What a mistake!!! Unfortunately we didn't have internet access at the time, so weren't able to check out previous reviews.

Having lived in Spain for over 12 yrs we were looking forward to a night of foodie reminiscences, but were very disappointed with what we got. Like others have said in now available previous reviews our impression was that the food was served too quickly to have been freshly cooked and that it had probably been microwaved, it wasn't very hot when it arrived and was rather bland and tasteless and over priced for the portion sizes. We had 4 tapas dishes between us which were just about acceptable, but served without bread (pan) and alioli (garlic mayo). When we asked for some bread it was brought and surprisingly added to the final bill. In Spain it would be brought before the tapas, usually as a free aperitif to eat whilst you wait for your dishes. I was still hungry so I ordered a portion of ribs. These were not very good and were smothered in an acidic sticky barbecue sauce. I may be wrong but don't remember ever getting barbecue sauce on ribs in a Spanish restaurant. Tex-Mex yes, but not Spanish. The glasses of wine we had (1 Rose + 1 Red) were also over priced and not of the best quality. Possibly supermarket specials????? Our waitress whilst friendly did not seem very knowledgeable about Spain or the food she was serving. Also the background music wasn't Spanish either.

Would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. A very disappointing experience. What was even more surprising is that displayed by the front door is a Tripadvisor Award sticker. How they would get any award is way beyond me!!!! I think it must have been from some previous life.

Glad to be back home in The Fylde where there is a real taste of Espanol locally, for whenever the mood takes us.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank BRIAN M
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We went to Toro Latino today for lunch. It is a very nice venue, with lots of space. There were two waitresses serving and neither seemed particularly happy to be there or to wait on you. We ordered 11 dishes in total, nine of which were ok, I liked the chorizo and mushrooms. The food was luke warm when it arrived which was slightly off putting (as a previous person said it may have been microwaved), two of which were the ribs as they are a particular favourite in our family. They were awful, so tough we could not eat them, I couldn't even get the meat off mine as it was so tough. I pointed this out to the waitress (we had only eaten two ribs), she said that they were normally so tender and shrugged. I feel that this is where the restaurant particularly let themselves down, we still had to pay for the awful ribs. I do not complain often and am very 'British' about it but these were terrible and they still had the cheek to make us pay! The really disappointing thing is that we had travelled from Leicester to specially go there, to receive such terrible service. It could be such a good restaurant, with a little attention to flavours and service. Therefore I would not eat there again and nor would anyone I was with....

• Visited May 2014