“A must - if you can get in”
Review of Ascough's Bistro

Ascough's Bistro
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Situated in the picturesque town of Market Harborough, Ascough’s offers a stylish and relaxed dining experience. Ascough’s prides itself on serving delicious contemporary dishes and producing everything on the premises from bread and biscuits to ice creams and sorbets. The reasonably set lunch and evening menus offer an excellent array of meat, fish and vegetarian options that will stretch your imagination but not the purse strings. So whether you’re planning an intimate meal for two, a friendly get together, special occasion or even a wedding breakfast, Ascough’s is the perfect venue and always look forward to welcoming you and members of your company.
Leicester, United Kingdom
“A must - if you can get in”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Ate here with family for my mums birthday and as always the food was excellent and exceptional value for money. Portions were large - perhaps because they were closing for a month the next day. Service was excellent as usual and they were attentive to the children in the party. Only negative is trying to get a table as they're always booked up so far in advance - hopefully the move to the larger premises will help as they may have more tables. Seasonal menu that changes monthly but you're always spoilt for choice as everything is delicious - can't fault it - try it if you can get in!

2 Thank RicoR07

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Amazing 30th Birthday Lunch.”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I went to Ascough's with my husband and parents to celebrate my 30th birthday. We had a lovely time and we're all still shock at the exceptional value for money considering the quality of food that came out, 3 courses for £13 for lunch! The staff were incredibly friendly and the fact that I could text to reserve a table was brilliant. We'll definitely be going again if we're staying in the area again.

2 Thank caroline_knight
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“Luncheon delight”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Three of us visited Ascoughs yesterday for lunch and had the 2 courses for £10 lunch. Good food, good price and good service. The restaurant is closing for a month shortly to improve facilities for disabled people. Will certainly go again.

2 Thank Jane S
Market Harborough
“Consistently Good”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Went on a Friday night late table. Great food as always and very good friendly service.
The new location/premises are good but very loud, so it will be even better following the planned refurbishment during the first three weeks in June.

Definitely the best traditional restaurant in the area, but I find it difficult to compare restaurants of this nature to say a curry house or Chinese.......it depends on what you want!!

We will be back!

Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“Wow!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I booked here for my boyfriend as a birthday present as he wanted to try out the new location of Ascoughs.
I booked through text which was easy and received a text back confirming my booking, along with a courtesy call on the day of the meal to check we were attending.
I had never really experienced Ascoughs and if I am honest, thought I would go hungry as a lot of the menu was matched with things that didn't take my fancy....I was so wrong!
From the start we were welcomed in and shown to our seats.
We were presented with a choice of bread rolls to start, ordered starters of scallops and ham terrine, a generous portion may I add. It was delicious.
Mains consisted of smoked haddock and sea bream. I am a huge fan of smoked haddock and must admit this is one of the best meals of it I have had! It was very strongly smoked. These mains came with a bowl of vegetables and potatoes, all cooked nicely and we ordered a side of twice hand cooked chips...nicest chips I have had in a long time, this was initially as I thought I would be going hungry but portion size in general was brilliant!
We then had desserts, rhubarb meringue and assiette of puddings ( check out my photo!) followed by petit fours to round off the meal....
10/10 and would highly recommend.
Food looked and tasted amazing and staff were faultless.
We are looking forward to the restaurant being refurbished and returning for take 2!

1 Thank Pinky_J1990