“Great night out”

Royal Bengal Tandoori
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Bangladeshi, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great night out”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Big group of us-family get together. Food excellent and tasty- but yeah hot and spicy. Little brother had chilli overload!! They didn't rush us And we're super friendly. Very good food for this fussy Picky curry lover.

• Visited July 2014
RoyalBengalMH, Owner at Royal Bengal Tandoori, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for your kind comments, hope to see you back soon.

Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“My favourite”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We visited the Bengal last Wednesday evening and would just like to say as usual what a lovely meal we all had. The staff are the friendly restaurant staff by far and they always make us and our two children very welcome, highly recommended to all. By far the best Indian restaurant in the area.

1 Thank Louise160
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Worst customer service ever”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I ordered a meal to be delivered, when it arrived we found that the king prawn Kashmiri that my wife ordered was not as ordered. I ordered plain prawns and they delivered tandoori prawns that my wife hates also god only knows what sauce it was in, it just tasted of garlic. When I rang to ask for a refund the guy I spoke to just kept saying you will have to bring it back, he was also very rude and his attitude stank. We have used this place dozens of times, but the food and service seem to have gone down hill now. I will never use them again and would not recommend them to anybody

2 Thank Foxy-no09
RoyalBengalMH, Owner at Royal Bengal Tandoori, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
I am sorry to hear of your poor customer service. Here at the Bengal we take pride in our customer service and always strive to make sure all our customers are 100% satisfied with our food and service.

I have looked into this matter and believe there maybe a mix up with the wrong restaurant. We have not sold the dish in question, although it is available, it's one of those rare dishes we can prepare. Also I have spoken to my team and no one took the call you described. However I would like to invite you to the restaurant and have a curry on us and maybe we can actually prepare the dish in question so you can taste what it should taste like.

Thanks for taking your time in reading my response.
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“One off my favourites”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Went a couple weeks ago and never been disappointed . Friendly staff amazing food and brilliant service . Lovely restaurant . Would pick this over any other Indian in market harborough

Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Royal Bengal - a safe bet”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

OK first things first. This is a high street curry house, so set your expectations accordingly. The menu is broad and can be adapted to personal tastes if you like and it was no problem for our group. The food prices are good for a sit-down and the wines and beers are similarly ok on price. The food itself is a step up on the standard pots of spicy gravy and various proteins swimming around in a load of ghee. There's some genuinely nicely cooked stuff and - a revelation really - no oil.... so no sniffs or heart-racing thirsts 30 minutes after we'd left. The owner told me this was something he really was passionate about and I again think this marks the Bengal out as a step up from that 'norm'. There was a very friendly welcome and very attentive and friendly service from the guys which I think marks the Bengal out as a better place to go for a 'high street curry' in the area. There are other curry houses in Market Harborough, and they each have some strengths. I think where the Bengal scores is that, while they don't have anything dramatically different from anyone else, they don't do badly at anything either. We have had take aways from the restaurant too and I'd say the same thing. A good each way bet for a standard, no frills curry.

• Visited April 2014