“Mixed Stay but hotel is best in town..”

The Three Swans Hotel
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Secured a 2 night B & B deal thro Amazon Local which overall was good value for the money we paid.
This hotel is well situated with plenty of 'free' parking. Its in the heart of the town and overall I would rate as a fair 3 star.
Staff were all friendly and approachable but evident that there is a mix of experience and this showed with some aspects of the service.
Breakfast experience was mixed for us. The buffet style arrangement suffered with lack of refilling food quickly enough and some of the food was quite dry because had been in hot serving containers for too long. This being said, the general quality of the food was good, so a shame really that we had the issue's pointed out above. Also looked like staff were stretched in numbers and this had an impact on the overall service.
We also had meals/snacks as well as drinks at the hotel. Eating outside being very nice and relaxing in the super weather we had.
Food and drinks seemed reasonably priced albeit having to compete with a Wetherspoons a few doors away (which did a nice pint of Abbotts!!).
Room quality was fair for a 3 star, we had superior and it was quite spacious even though some of the furnishings were dated.
We did have an experience with some 'rowdy' residents returning at 2.30am one night and rang reception for night porter but the 2 calls we made were unanswered. 'Thank you' Bentley Boys for waking us up!!
Overall, if I decided I wanted to stay overnight in Market Harborough in the future, I would return to this hotel if a deal was on the table. It should be said that this hotel does not really have any competition if your looking for a hotel in the heart of the town.
Last but not least, we drove around the nearby villages outside of Harborough (some nice villages to be seen) and found a gem of a pub in Braybrooke, called the White Swan and its well worth a visit for food and/or drink.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are quite spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

A Best Western traveller
Brecon, Wales
Reviewed 21 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Our room in the Bewick Wing was spacious, well equipped and comfortable. I like to be able to see my car and we could see it from our room, parked in its generous car park space. Breakfast in the elegant first floor dining room was very good, something to suit all tastes. Service excellent. We had evening meal in the Bistro, another relaxed space in this rambling hotel. Food good, but lacking vegetables, served on wooden boards. Not quite sure about the boards with a liquid sauce but perhaps plates are old fashioned now? Very friendly atmosphere to the entire place. Location could not be better, centre of town.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more for a premium room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Three Swans is a charming mid-sized hotel in the middle of Market Harborough. We stayed with 2 other couples for Bed and Breakfast. We'd gone to watch a local rugby match and made full use of the bar.

Room Tip: Room over looking High Street can be noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Recently stayed for 2 nights while visiting Leicester. Nice room- we paid for an upgraded one, with nice bathroom. Breakfast fine though service on day 2 was a bit haphazard; though one gets most things oneself on a buffet basis. Fine stay overall. Quiet. Very good value and the bar meals were excellent we felt.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more for an upgraded one.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had an excellent break Staff very helpful especially the receptionist She immediately switched my room when she realised that was in separate building from my friend- I did not need to ask her Food was very good both in restaurant and Bistro wine was reasonably priced Bedroom was very clean and comfortable bathroom seemed new Altogether a very good value for money weekend

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Lovely coaching inn situated on the high street in Market Harborough, my double room was a little small but perfectly adequate for 1 person, I took advantage of the end of bank holiday special price and booked a double room glad I didn't book the single ! The shower in the room was actually terrible the water pressure was not very good and the temperature was ok but not hot enough for me. Choice of restaurant dining or the pub menu which is why I booked this place originally, I opted for the pub which was lovely, the food was great and there is a nice selections of wines to choose from, a quiet Monday night I would expect this place can get busy over the weekend. I ordered a coffee, when it arrived was very watery the bar maid noticed and replaced it with a perfect creamy latte great service, think they should invest in coffee training for the staff, it really is worth it, I have a friend with an Italian restaurant who does this and the coffee there is amazing it's all in how you heat the milk apparently but it makes a massive difference to coffee lovers like me. Great location, I would recommend and I will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Talbot Hotel
#1 of 1 in Oundle
Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa
Jurys Inn Hinckley Island

Been to The Three Swans Hotel? Share your experiences!