“Just follow the signs”

The Bulls Head
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Driving west along the A14 we had tried two pubs for a meal. The first we had called at before but it had closed for business, the second had a sign alongside the A14 but after a tortuous journey along narrow country roads we found it had restricted opening hours and was closed. When we saw the sign to The Bulls Head, Arthingworth (off the A508) we thought it had to be third time lucky.

One and a half miles and well signposted, the pub was a welcome relief because it was open and very welcoming. The beer and wine (my wife prefers a Merlot) were excellent and the food (apart from the boiled potatoes my wife had) was also excellent. Now my wife makes a lemon cheesecake to die for, so for her to way that the lemon and raspberry cheesecake was very good says something about their food.

Travelling from Gloucestershire to Cambridgeshire is a long haul so to have a good watering hole with such good food to break the journey is an essential. Will we call there again? Too right we will!

Although we did not go into the recently refurbished restaurant, it looks really lovely. Make a good place for dinner one evening and as one of our sons lives near Northampton it is worth remembering. It has accommodation too!

Recommended!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Arrived here & was instantly inspired by the welcome I received from the young lady behind the bar. I had neglected to reserve a table for dinner, but that was soon sorted for me despite it being a very busy Saturday night The food was superb & the service was impeccable..

I was staying here for the night & the room I had was more than adequate for my needs, nice & clean & very quite, ensuring a great nights sleep.

The breakfast in the morning was fantastic, cooked perfect.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Came here after Kelmarsh History Live an hour before we had booked, but they were still happy to seat us.
The portions on the whole were good size, except for booth of my daughters who had a rack of lamb, which didn't really look that much.
The puddings did seem a tad small, but did taste nice, but for £4 I think it was to be expected.
The staff were helpful, and courteous, and everyone commented how tasty the food was.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The breakfast is consistently good, plentiful and you can have your eggs done the way you like them. The evening meals are quite often far superior than one might expect from a village pub, the specials board is always worth investigating. I tried everything they had to offer and enjoyed every meal especially the venison and the famous Steak & Ale pie.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Called in today with a view to having some food. Ordered 2 pints of Soda Water and Lime and were staggered to be charged £5.85! When I queried the price was told it was the same as Cola which clearly it is not!