“Super friendly home from home!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
AA Y-Not Guest House
Ranked #5 of 16 Boston B&B and Inns
London
“Super friendly home from home!”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Our stay at the Y-NOT was organised at short notice by a friend and as I normally do my homework before choosing a guesthouse, I was a little nervous about what sort of place he might have chosen. I needn't have worried - he had picked up our keys in advance and we arrived after midnight to find a super large room, perfectly clean and tidy and with our own kitchenette and en suite shower room - a good strong hot shower as it turned out, which is always a bonus. I don't often sleep well away from home but the double bed in our room was wonderfully comfortable and warm, resulting in the best nights sleep for ages! Breakfast next morning was excellent with a choice of cereals, unlimited fresh juice and an excellently cooked full English which set us up perfectly for the day ahead. All this was great but what really makes the Y-NOT stand out is the friendliness of the lovely hosts Margaret and Pete who chatted to us as though we were old friends and even ended up helping us find a good local tradesman for an ongoing project - a genuinely nice decent couple. We visit Boston a couple of times a year and good, well located accommodation can be hard to find but now I've discovered the Y-NOT I probably wouldn't want to consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Margaret treats her guests as family friends and goes out of her way to make new guests welcome. I stayed at Y NOT for over two months whilst working in town and have been very well looked after throughout that time. A comfortable room with access to kitchen facilities meant that I could look after my own cooking during the evening. The house is in a quiet location just out of the town centre but close enough for access to shops etc. An ideal place to stay with those little touches that make a stay pleasant such as drink facilities/TV in the room.

Room Tip: Quiet at the fron of the house..... V quiet at the back.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Stuart B
Ilkley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I stayed at the Y-NOT guesthouse for one night during a cycling trip. It was an ideal location, just off the Sustrans route and there was secure accommodation in the garage for the bike! Mrs McGarry was friendly and welcoming. There was more on offer than at a standard bed and breakfast, with bread, milk, fruit juice, etc available in the evening and kitchen facilities to cook my own food. The breakfast was good too - all at a very reasonable rate.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank David W
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2012

My husband and I wished to visit family members in Boston and had been recommended by a family member to stay at the Y-Not Guest House. I contacted Margaret at short notice and she was only to happy to accomodate us. Our room was clean and well presneted with many additional extras such as shower gels and shampoo (which I have had to pay extra for at other hotels). My husband and I both enjoyed a lovely home cooked english breakfast with views of numerous wild birds feeding in the guest house garden.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I have been staying at the y-not guest house for one year whilst on a contract at the hospital.I have found the proprietor margaret extreamly freindly & helpfull. The guest house is very clean & comfortable with free veiw telly & drinks facilitys in the room. The dineing room has comfortable chairs & tv which you can use at all times. There is a fully equiped kitchen which you can use so you can do your own meals which is great. I have already told workmates about the guest house & they have also enjoyed their stay & returned for further visits.I fully reccomend this guest house to anyone staying in or around boston. In finishing i'd like to thank margaret & staff for their warm welcome & for makeing me extreamly comfortable over the last 12months
Rob woodhall - Kidderminster

• Stayed March 2012
Dawlish, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2012

The location of the b&b is perfect for the town centre with Asda just round the corner if you are ineed of a midnight snack!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Thewalkerofthecoast
Leicester
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I stayed at the Y Not Guest House for over a year due to relocating for work and have to say I thoroughly enjoyed my stay as Margaret and Pete were very welcoming. I can honestly say I couldn't fault their hospitality and they really made my stay very pleasant. The guest house is very central and a short walk from both the train station and the centre of town. The rooms are very clean and all have tea/coffee making facilities. I stayed in a room with an adjoining jacuzzi bath and what I appreciated the most was being able to use the kitchen to cook my meals. The rooms are very reasonably priced and I would definately recommend the guest house to anybody wishing to visit Boston.

Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
The White Hart Hotel, Eatery & Coffee House
The New England Hotel
The Kings Arms Inn
The Kings Arms Inn
#3 of 16 in Boston

Been to AA Y-Not Guest House? Share your experiences!