“Home sweet home”

Bramley House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #14 of 16 Boston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I have had to spend a day in Boston as i was visiting a friend and needed to stay someplace near and this Bed and breakfast was the closest and my friend recommended it to me and booked an appointment for me. The stay was good it was all clean, the food was nice the people there were friendly and it all felt like just being at home. Next time i will go to Boston again in July with my family and i have booked an appointment for five nights. If anyone would ask me for a bed and breakfast in Boston i would definitely recommend this one.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Johny743
There are newer reviews for Bramley House Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I have stayed in bramley hotel for a few nights because of my business. I have found it very nice and comfortable, also I have enjoyed delicious breakfast, calming atmosphere. Furthermore, it has a good experienced staff, who clearly knows their work, everything was very clean and tidy, I have received a very good guidance. Although, It is a big advantage that hotel is near city centre. I highly recommend you this hotel,

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Came from Brazil to spend vacation in England, chose the house because Bramley had good recommendations from people who already Stow it. Has an excelent service and lovable people, the hotel is clean and the breakfast was well prepared. Inn again and recommend it to me.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Talita F
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Having arrived at this place at the agreed time (9.00 pm), it was all closed up. I waited 30 minutes then drove into Boston centre to look for somewhere else. This proved fruitless, so on spec, I drove back to Bramley, just as the manager of the place turned up in his car with a blond woman – 45 minutes late. He was roaring drunk, but luckily for him, I hadn’t noticed whether he’d been driving. He kept on apologizing and wanting to shake my hand, begging me not to write to TripAdvisor. Although not aggressive, his language was peppered with four-letter words; eventually I was able to get into my ground-floor room which was OK, but not the warm room he had promised. By this time I was so tired, I just went to bed, but at 4.00 am, I was woken by heavy footfalls in the room above; this persisted, but I did doze off eventually. There was worse to come. In the morning, I went across to the adjoining building for breakfast, and the dining room was absolutely freezing – no attempt had been made to heat it. Lots more apologies followed – the night before, they had apparently been to his son’s 25th birthday party. Whilst waiting for a spanish omelette, I went to get some bread from the sideboard for toast – and it was covered with mould. That was it – complete loss of appetite. I just dashed back to the room, gathered my things, left a token payment for the overnight sleep – and fled. I found somewhere else in Boston to stay for the remaining two evenings. Bramley House is a disgrace. I should say that I stayed there several years ago, when it was clearly in different, more responsible hands. You will recognize the place as you drive down Sleaford Road: all the wires which used to help illuminate its street sign have been cut and are just hanging about, which does not create an initially good impression. You have been warned!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank AlexYork
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Having now looked at the reviews here, I can only guess that there has been a change of owner as my experience could not have been more different to the majority of good reports here. When I arrived in the dark evening it was a small boy who answered the door and pointed me in the direction of my room - no adult appeared (I was told he'd gone to the bar...). My room opened onto the car park, so I returned to request the key - to lock the door for the night. Again the small boy came then gave me a mobile... the landlord then spoke and asked me "Who are you?" - confusion followed as he had thought the guest coming was male and not female, so I had to convince him it was me and I am female... He then came to the room and I pointed out that the bins had not been changed (I prayed the towels had been). The room did look nice it must be said. He said I was in this room as it was warm as the main house did not have the heating on tonight. In the night my heating went off and I was cold all night! He had asked me the specific time for breakfast and I said 8.15. He explained it would be all ready then as he needed to leave to take his son to school and his Brazilian wife is pregnant. When I arrived for breakfast at 8.15 (to the freezing cold breakfast room, no attempt had been made to warm it), I then had to wait until 8.30 for my cooked breakfast to be served (after an incredible amount of microwave pings...) It was, as another reviewer wrote, swimming with beans and tinned tomatoes which were not hot.The bacon was burned black, solid and impossible to cut. There is no orange juice - it is orange cordial. I had to ask for the cafetiere to be changed as all the bits were in the coffee. He offered me more food and I requested a 2nd sausage as the bacon was burnt/inedible. Instead he made me half-cooked bacon, which he then had to cook more, after telling me "some people like their bacon well done" - referring to the inedible first batch. He then vanished out the door, without a word. I never saw him again. When I locked my room to leave there was no answer at his door (small boy at school I presume), so I had to just post the key and leave.The weirdest hotel experience and not to be recommended (particularly to lone females I have to say). I appeared to be the only guest.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank StarDame
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I tried telephoning this guest house, without no luck in getting through to the owner to book a room ! After trying all day we just simply gave up ! Keep on trying for an answer, if you don't get a reply like we never, try somewhere else like we did ! Unless the owner was away or on holiday. Just cant understand why they don't want business ?

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MALLORCAMAN33
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stayed here recently and was pleasantly surprised. Host was very helpfull and room tidy and comfortable. Pub nearby so that was handy. Enjoyed a full English, tasty it was. Local info given to us which proved usefull

Room Tip: Request ground floor if you have trouble with stairs and at back of property if available
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nanachocchoc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
The White Hart Hotel, Eatery & Coffee House
The New England Hotel
The Kings Arms Inn
The Kings Arms Inn
#2 of 16 in Boston

Been to Bramley House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!