“Delicious home made food”

Abbey Parks farm shop
Ranked #13 of 163 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: .A Farm; A Deli & Shop; A food supplier to restaurants and businesses; A Bistro restaurant; A Wedding Caterer; A speciality Grower of Asparagus; Online Allotments; Small Antiques & Jewellery: you can find all this and more at Abbey Parks.
east midlands
“Delicious home made food”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My husband & myself stopped for a drink here at lunch time but after seeing the food, decided to eat too. I had the goats cheese, red onion & spinach quiche, which was delicious as it was made with filo pastry -it was served with salad, which had a nice dressing & wasn't just lettuce, along with new potatoes.
My husband ordered raspberry cheesecake with ice cream (also raspberry) which was gorgeous - he did let me taste it too!
I must admit the price is on the high side but worth it to have quality food, which is unusual from roadside cafes.
Would definitely call in again

• Visited August 2014

“Expensive ”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Not bad food, the cake slice was huge, the coffee was okay (for a filter coffee) but it was an expensive stop.

York, United Kingdom
“Weak and expensive coffee”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Abbey Parks cafe is one of the few (if only) place to stop for coffee, etc. on the A17 between King's Lynn.and Newark. We may be changing our minds, though. On our last two visits we have asked for VERY, VERY strong coffee in a cafetiere. What do we get? VERY weak coffee. Twice! Coffee for two and two toasted teacakes cost us over £8.00. It seemed a lot, especially when the coffee was so weak and not what we asked for.

• Visited August 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Called in twice in the last week on the way to Norfolk and then on the return journey.

The food choice, taste and service was excellent we were a party of five on the way down with two small children and nothing was too much trouble. On the way back it was just myself and my husband and the service and the food was just as good.

We also brought items from the shop and the choice was excellent. We took home salad items and fruit and all was better than any we had had in the past.

• Visited July 2014
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“Cozy farm shop and restaurant”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The farm shop is quite small, not a great selection of veg, but a well stocked cheese counter. The restaurant is charming with cart wheels and bales of hay up in the rafters. I only had a filter Coffee which was delicious but my husband had a chicken, cheese and cranberry panini. My husband was delighted with it as it was stuffed with filling and I was pleased as it had a lovely big tasty salad with it topped with a lovely mustard dressing which I helped myself to :-) didn't find the service poor but there were only 2 singletons and a couple there when we arrived. Had a chat to the young girl serving us and she was very pleasant. We were talking about how the log burner is roaring during the winter and how cozy it is. Looking forward to trying out other things from their menu including the venison dish. Worth a look at the poly tunnel behind the shop where they sell a very healthy selection of plants including veg and herb plants.

• Visited July 2014