“Home made lemon tiramisu” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Mill
Ranked #17 of 164 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, United Kingdom
“Home made lemon tiramisu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We went to day for lunch ! Fantastic , I had the special off the board , which was two very nicely cooked pork loin with a spicy bubble and squeak , with spinach and a ring of cooked apple in the middle served with a creamy sauce , followed by the to die for home made lemon tiramisu , that Lilo the owner told me he made himself .
My husband had the chicken sizzler with home made chips which were lovely as I had to sample a few of them (lol !) Followed by white chocolate profiteroles.
We had a lovely lunch , with very friendly staff and great service .
They do have quite an extensive menu , and I have been before and had fillet steak with a Diane sauce , which was delicious 10 out of 10

Visited July 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff and lovely food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We recently visit a friend in the local hospital in Boston. We are not familiar with the local area and we drove past this restaurant on our way back to London and thought we would grab a bite to eat prior to our journey.
We were met by friendly bar staff and were told that the restaurant inside was fully booked being a Saturday but we were offered the bar area or outside. It was a lovely day so we opted to eat outside. We found the staff very attentive and polite and the service was good. The food portions were generous and tasty and both myself and my husband thought the presentation of the food was great.
The restaurant does not look much from the outside but its worth a visit for its tasty food!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dicksoncl
Lincolnshire
“Improvements needed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I came in for a meal mid week, they were busy so we sat in the bar area. We waited a while for someone to take our order, in the end my husband had to go up and get the waiter. My husband ordered monk fish, however a couple of minutes later they waiter came up and said they had run out, he ordered red mullet instead.

To our amazement, a couple of gentlemen who's order was taken after us, got thier monkfish!!!!

My husband's red mullet was full of bones, there was no warning given by the waiter of this..... it was nice but my husband had to keep pulling bones from his mouth and teeth.

We were asked if everything was ok, but we were both too tired to complain......we did get some money knocked off the bill due to the monk fish issue. Normally if there is an issue I will complain...........

The bar area is too dark need put in more lightening and make it more friendly, the waiting staff need to be trained more on customer service..

Positive notes: the eating area looks nice, the food was good and tasty...... beer was good....

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank bumbleweed_9
Lincolnshire
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Just an ordinary pub nothing that sticks out and if anything it lacks finesse. Portions were ok infact if anything they were too much.

Visited June 2014
“Very Tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great food, great atmosphere, great menu.

Italian style menu and vert tasty, Thank you.

Staff and owner very attentive and responsive without being "in your face"

Visited May 2014