“Beautiful food, beautiful venue and beautiful people”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boston
Poachers Country Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Boston
Boston, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food, beautiful venue and beautiful people”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We held our wedding here in May of 2013 it was perfect the place is set out lovely, chic but classic, every need was meet and felt with, we were made to feel like royalty from the start to the big day! Nothing was to small or big to deal with! I would recommend the poachers to anyone! On the biggest day of our lives everything was looked after! .... We have also eaten here on a number of occasions and are yet to have a bad experience! It is a lovely place people!!

• Stayed May 2013

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 15 November 2013

we couldnt have asked for a better place to hold a 80th birthday party for 60 people what a lovely hotel we stayed over and the rooms are so bright and clean .The staff couldnt do enough for us and the food was great will definitely stay there again. Sally was great very helpfull when planning the party nothing was too much trouble.I would recommend this place for family events .

Room Tip: all rooms were good all our guests said what a good night they had .
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I don't know where to start. The poachers has it all and nothing is too much effort for them. My wife and I had our wedding reception here back in August and it was the most perfect day we could have wished for.

Sally (the wedding organiser) was absolutely superb and I would recommend this place to anyone. Sally was always on hand for any problems or questions we had, no matter how big or small, and she was always available if needed. When we arrived from the church, the venue had been made up to such a high standard it took our breathe away. All the staff at the poachers on the day were fantastic. Mingling with guests and making sure everyone had a drink. The day ran extremely smoothly and we owe it all to the poachers for making the day as stress free and as enjoyable as possible.

The food was fantastic with a huge choice for the guests, and the buffet in the evening (we went for a half Italian half traditional buffet) was excellent with many of the guests saying how impressed with the food they all were.

The honeymoon suite is also top of the range. A massive bed and huge shower and a nice bottle of bubbly welcomed us after a wonderful day.

I can't stress enough how fantastic the Poachers is and how wonderful all the staff were. I would highly recommend anyone who is looking for a wedding venue to seriously consider the poachers as they definitely made our wedding day very special indeed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Very helpful while planning our day, Sally went above and beyond in helping us plan the day and on the day itself. The honeymoon suite was amazing. Massive bed, lots of pillows, very modern and beautifully decorated. Food was above expectations with many guests claiming its the best wedding reception they've been to. There was plenty of food for all guests, with leftovers to take home the next day. Very thoughtful menu, caters for all dietary requirements. It was nice to have the whole hotel/ bar/ garden to ourselves. Lovely photo opportunities in the garden. I would highly recommend this venue for any wedding/ reception.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My wedding reception was held here in August. The service we received from Sally the wedding coordinator was excellent!! Nothing was too much trouble, which took the pressure from us. The venue was stunning, food was delicious and staff were all very helpful :) would highly recommend the poachers. We also stayed in the honeymoon suite which was very luxurious and thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. Overall wedding reception was excellent, so pleased we chose the poachers.

• Stayed August 2013
Lincolnshire
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We had our wedding at the poachers on the 25th May this year and I can say I am so pleased we picked this venue,it felt like we had our own hotel for the whole day with nothing being too much trouble.I had been very nervous about the ceremony and they made me feel so relaxed with all the kind words and had everything covered.the food I had asked for was exactly as I'd wanted and our guests did not stop talking about it all night ,the children played outside and we never felt they were a pain (and we had quite a lot of children there) .We all stayed over filling all the rooms there ,the whole place was spotless and the breakfast was amazing and the lady serving was lovely,I haven't got a bad word to say about the place they did everything we wanted and made us have the best day ever,Sally is amazing and lovely and Bev makes you feel so at home you feel like you've made some friends too,kitchen staff and ladies serving all professional and will do anything to help,I will always go back there and would look forward to any wedding or function I was attending,so I would say don't hesitate!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I had my wedding here in August and from the first booking until the day, the service was first class. I cannot praise Sally highly enough for all her help and hard work to ensure we had the day of our dreams. The reception room is beautifully decorated making it ideal for a wedding and the bar area and gardens give a very cosy feel so that guests are not too spread out. The hog roast and evening buffet were superb as was breakfast the following morning, all freshly cooked and locally sourced home made food - proper tasty food! The rooms were very clean and comfortable, the bridesmaids and I made use of them throughout the day and we were made to feel very welcome and 'at home'. All our guests commented how fantastic the entire day was without exception. I would certainly recommend The Poachers, it cannot be faulted on any aspect

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Supreme Inns
Petwood Hotel
Petwood Hotel
#2 of 4 in Woodhall Spa
Travelodge Spalding Hotel

Been to Poachers Country Hotel? Share your experiences!