“Cheap and cheerful” 4 of 5 bubbles

Johnsons Garden Centre
Ranked #38 of 164 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Quality Food - Our Fine Foods Store not only stocks all your daily needs but carefully selected locally sourced produce. From freshly baked bread to hand picked seasonal vegetables. We are home to Hambletons the award winning Butchers, who also run the deli and cheese counters. As well as our daily hot take away food. Take time out from shopping, meet a friend and enjoy a drink in our Cafe Bar. - Delicious Meals - The heart of our store is the 250 seat self service restaurant. We offer great value, high quality food from an extensive menu we deliver an excellent service and delicious food. We also cook a range of fresh home baked cakes and pies which can be purchased in our Fine Foods Store.
Nottingham, UK
“Cheap and cheerful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

This is a popular garden centre restaurant just outside Boston. It's obviously very popular with the over 60's so must be meeting a need in the area. Food is more traditional school dinners than pub grub. The specials are obviously the best value. I had roast beef with all the vegetables - a good thick slice well cooked and a yorkshire pudding. My colleagues opted for the pork cobbler and beef in red wine. Portions are generous, so we did not have pudding. No complaints all round.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Boston, United Kingdom
“Fast food - I think not!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

We called in for a quick bite to eat, I chose an egg and cress sandwich and my other half opted for the soup of the day. We placed our order at the till at 12.55, midway through lunchtime, but did not recieve our food until 1.20. The soup arrived first with the explanation that they had run out and had had to make another batch, bad planning I feel. I then had to ask for my sandwich which the waitress had assumed that I had already had, but I was assured that it ahd been made. However 7 minutes later my already prepared sandwich arrived. The food was good but the presentation of my sandwich left a lot to be desired, nothing like the 'picture' on the wall menu. The soup was good but the bagguette was apparently the last one available, on a Friday lunchtime at 1.25, once again bad planning.
There is a 'new' system of ordering in place and we feel that it is a move either not thought through properly, not practised enough or perhaps not liked by the staff. Bring back the old system of collecting food as you order it and not having to wait thirty minutes for simple foods.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mablethorpe, United Kingdom
“Good garden centre Fayre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

Called in in April purposely not just passing,as you go in the garden centre the restaurant is straight ahead of you,we could see that they were queing about ten deep for the lunch time specials,do no t despair though if you only want tea,coffee and a snack,turn sharp left,through the card section and into the spar shop where there is a nice coffee bar,seating about twenty people,Latte under £ 2 and my favourite bacon bap also under £2,plus there are an assortment of lovely cakes and savouries to be had,of course if you want a proper meal it is a large restaurant with plenty of seating mainly in the massive purpose built conservatory attached to the serving area,where you can watch people doing their shopping,a very decent all rond garden centre.

• Visited April 2013