“Cracking Meal” 4 of 5 bubbles

The White Hart Hotel, Eatery & Coffee House
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Boston
“Cracking Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Stopped off in Boston & popped into the bar for a meal. I opted for the sea bass with sautéed potatoes & was not disappointed. It was well presented with quick friendly efficient service & very tasty. For pudding I chose the chocolate fudge lumpy bumpy with ice cream off the specials board which was relatively nice although the ice cream was nothing to write home about. Will call again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BulldogHotelGroup, Manager at The White Hart Hotel, Eatery & Coffee House, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for leaving us this lovely review. The team do work hard on delivering great service to our guests and it makes them happy when they see lovely reviews such as yours. All our food is prepared and cooked fresh to order and we use locally sourced ingredients were possible for quality & taste. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Alan Bloomfield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Constant improvement over many years has seen this hotel improve to me I really look forward to. Great bed, good size well appointed room with serviceable straightforward plumbing! There is always friendly competent service so I don't really notice what's going on. Best English breakfast I've had. There are however lots of stairs. I'll be back.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank fakeplasticrubberman
BulldogHotelGroup, Manager at The White Hart Hotel, Eatery & Coffee House, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for complimenting us on our beds & rooms. We constantly strive to keep our hotel looking its very best & we also like to re-invest within the business & replenish items such as beds & mattress as regularly as possible. Unfortunately due to the age of the building, we do not have a lift, next time you stay with us, please request a room on the first floor (subject to availability).

Stevenage, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

having stayed here 4 times before was really looking forward to our stay. We booked an executive as usual and when we arrived were given room 102, in the past we have stayed in 101, but thought it would be the same as room 101, unfortunately not. For a start the bed in room 101 has a lovely huge superking bed, which we were expecting in room 102, sadly we got a kingsize and the room seems somewhat smaller, I asked in reception if it was possible to have room 101 as I felt it is a better room with bigger bed, the receptionist said sorry but the people in there had decided to stay another night. In fairness 102 is still a nice room and we had pre paid so felt we had to continue with our stay. Wish we had gone home now. The noise from the bar was horrendous it felt like there was a disco in our room and this went on till midnight, my husband went down just before 12 to ask when this noise was going to stop, there was no apology , he wasn't asked what room we were in and just said it stops at 12. Yes the music stopped at midnight but then the noise of people leaving and clearing up went on until 2am. We were bitterly disappointed, we spent £103 to get hardly any sleep at all, we complained when we handed in keys and were told we should have been informed on booking or on arrival about the noise we would experience. I am afraid we were offered no refund of even a bit of the cost of this night and feel it has now put us off returning to the hotel at least if you have a bad night at Premier inn they do refund you the cost of the night. I would never have booked this room if I had been informed of the noise. Never ever book room 102 unless you are joining the bar event too!

Room Tip: do not book 102 even though it is a lovely executive room, it does not have a superking bed like roo...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
BulldogHotelGroup, Manager at The White Hart Hotel, Eatery & Coffee House, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear angcmc

I was so sorry to hear that on this occasion our customer service standards were not 100% compared to your previous visits. My colleague on reception was very apologetic that she forgot to inform you of the possible bar noise that may be experienced in that particular room and I know she telephoned you directly to apologise for this. It is our hotel policy to inform all guests at weekends that noise maybe heard, due to our location in the centre of town and with our own Courtyard Bar being open until midnight.

We would sincerely like to see you again in the future and when you are next due to stay in Boston, please do contact either myself, or in my absence, my Head Receptionist Jo, so that we may make amends for this oversight.

Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very old and steeped in history which adds to the charm and character of the building and rooms. Our welcome was very warm and staff were always polite, helpful and extremely friendly - they made you feel welcome. Our room was clean with a recently refurbished en-suite and the window looked out over the river and The Stump - quite spectacular when all lit up at night. Room had all the facilities you could need and was very comfortable with a huge bed. The breakfasts were excellent as was the dinner we had on Saturday. Again the staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely come back and stay again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
We are very pleased that you chose to stay at our hotel for you ‘Few days break’. I remember you actually staying with us & I enjoyed the conversations that we shared. You did comment that you would like to come back & stay with us again, so we will look forward to welcoming you back……soon I hope.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed here for one night. There aren't many hotels in this town. Paid £95 for one person in a double room. The room looked very dated - repeatedly overpainted wallpaper, cheap furniture. The wire to the kettle did not reach any of the plugs so I had to hold it in the air to boil it. The shower did not work unless you held the spray it at knee level.

On the plus side the bed was very comfortable. Because of the condition of the room, I decided not to chance breakfast, though I notice it had a 5* food hygiene rating.

If it had been £39 then it would probably have been alright, but I will stay at the nearby premier inn next time - less money and better condition.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
      Rooms
I am very sorry to hear that you were not happy with the hotel. With this being an historic (300+ years) building within the town centre we do have a few odd quirks like the water pressure reaching the top floor so we try to ease the strain by advertising this in the bedrooms to assist our guests, with regards the shower, you only need to hang the hose down until the water comes through then its good for normal use (this allows for any air blocks to be released). I have looked at the kettle & this was put in as an emergency one that day as the previous one had stopped working, this has now been replaced with a longer corded one. If you do come across issues in the future, please inform a member of the team who will be only too willing to assist.

Cheshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Loved the building very old very quirky,my room was small but comfortable. Handy for town and railway station. Didn't eat breakfast but did eat dinner. Fishcakes to start followed by duck with rice and noodles was very good. Staff were great.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you, this is a lovely grand building, steeped in history & stands prominently on the river. We are very proud the Best Western White Hart Hotel is part of many interesting buildings within the town. We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.

Alan Bloomfield
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Premier Inn Boston Hotel
Petwood Hotel
Petwood Hotel
#2 of 4 in Woodhall Spa
The Admiral Rodney Hotel, Eatery & Coffee House

Been to The White Hart Hotel, Eatery & Coffee House? Share your experiences!