“Overcooked and dried out fish with stale chips”

Eagles Fish Take Away & Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 170 Restaurants in Boston
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Boston, United Kingdom
“Overcooked and dried out fish with stale chips”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I have lived in Boston for nearly seven years now. Ever since I set foot in this town, people have recommended Eagles.

I eventually got around to trying it on Friday. I was walking past at lunch time, so I thought I would buy take-away fish and chips. I wandered in, and asked the chap behind the counter what types of fish were available. I was told the "the only one that is ready is cod." So, I thought I would have to have the cod.

He took a piece of cod out of the warming oven, and some chips, wrapped them up and charged me £4.90. I thought this was a bit high, but didn't say anything as I was trying the best place in town.

The fish was overcooked and dried out. The chips were stale. The only time I have had worse chips was my own earlier attempts.

I shall not be returning.

Visited July 2012

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“not what its made out to be”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

a place that seems to live off a reputation that in my opinion has long since changed. acceptable food and service but the town offers better

Visited September 2011
Cornwall
“Nice fish but dire vegetables”
Reviewed 20 June 2012 via mobile

We chose this as they offered a healthy option, steamed fish, mash and vegetables, in their restaurant. The fish was lovely, but everything else was substandard. The peas were brown and pretty I edible, the sliced green beans were a bright fluorescent green (though tasted nice) and the mash was served like school dinners used to be- three ice cream scoops of lumpy mash with a sprinkling of black bits. The water jug was covered in a residue from the washer, as was my glass. When I took it to the bar it was replaced with one with a lot less residue!! The waitress was friendly and efficient. Final word? I suspect this place gets a good rating for standard fish and chips as a takeaway. I couldn't recommend the healthy option.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Fish & Chips. Lovely”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Take away Cod & Chips, cooked perfectly. good value for money. will be going back. yum. :-}

Visited December 2011
lincs
“Not what it used to be”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Several years ago I lived in the area and used it regularly and it was excellent.I was amazed how it has gone downhill will not be back unless it changes

• Visited May 2012