“Disappointed”
Review of Mill House

Mill House
Ranked #28 of 97 Restaurants in Louth
Price range: US$15 - US$23
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Visited the mill house for a family meal, we had to wait for our table even though we had booked. They had sold out of the lamb so I ordered the fish and chips. The chips were the best bit. Fish was over battered and greasy, but there were no apologies when I complained. I was just told they sold 120 fish per week! The beef stroganoff was tasty but small portion of meat, mostly rice. We ordered the Eve's pudding as we were still hungry. This was very pleasant and had a good combination of flavours. Thoroughly average meal although I can recommend the NZ Orca Bay Sauvignon Blanc.

2 Thank Rebecca W

York
“What a find - lovely restaurant”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We spent 3 nights in Lincolnshire in March, and stumbled across this place completely by accident. We happened to go in on a Thursday and caught their steak deal, which is not to be missed. We both had rump steak, and it was delicious, (we both asked for medium and got medium). Atmosphere was lovely, relaxed and comfortable, and the owners (well, we assumed they were the owners) friendly and welcoming.

Would highly recommend this place especially on a Tuesday or Thursday night when they do the 2 steaks and a bottle of wine for £25. When we next come to Lincolnshire, we will be back.

• Visited March 2014
“Great again!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Firstly i would like to say that i am a regular customer.. and the reason for going so regularly is because i am yet to experience anything negative at the mill house.

I very much enjoyed my latest visit - my first mill house sunday lunch this week, with the veg cooked perfectly (plenty of veg incl. Carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, swede, cabbage with bacon and more), great roast potatoes, stuffing, mash and best of all, fantastic home made yorkshire puddings!

It does however appear that there is no pleasing some of these people that leave unfair negative reviews.. i do not doubt that most are false reviews left by immature competitors that cannot stand such highly recommended competition (the review regarding a chicken, tomato and bacon dish being inedible is certainly true as there is currently no dish to resemble this on the menu - so how can you eat it?)! As for geniun negative reviews, well.. there is just not pleasing some.

I can honestly say this is where my family and i go to eat for all occasions as nowhere within the grimsby area compares!

Dont listen to the moaners, try it for yourself instead..

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Always pleasant”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Lovely food, lovely service, lovely place! My family and I have had Sunday lunch and evening meals here recently and been happy with all the above on all occasions. So glad it's under good management again! Could make more of the outside space for those warmer evenings!

• Visited February 2014
Slough, United Kingdom
“very disappointed”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We had Xmas at the mill 3 years ago which was great. We went back at my request for lunch the other day. The food was awful. A soggy chicken escalope covered in a tin of chopped tomatoes with a rasher of fatty bacon boiled and covered in a tastless mess of 'cheddar'.
I complained and was told that the dish was served that way. No attempt whatsoever to placate a dissatisfied customer. No discount on the bill or offer to provide a meal to replace the one I could not bring myself to eat.
The worst meal I have had in a pub for years.

• Visited March 2014