The Paddock at Scamblesby
US$215
US$203
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfruit bowlcadwell parkplace to stayperfect hostscaldwell parka wonderful staylovely countrysideshortbread biscuitsroom fridgecomplimentary snacksnice coffeesilent fridgestayed herewarm welcomeroom was spotlessly cleanbe visiting againan early start
Reviewed 31 July 2012

lovely location, extremely clean and well presented, beautiful room. A very warm welcome from the owners, who were very helpful and a pleasure to chat with. Breakfast was delicious and so much choice. Our hosts recommended a pub/restaurant for our evening meal and telephoned them on our behalf to reserve a table. This turned out to be a very good recommendation lovely meal. Very enjoyable stay at The Paddock.

Room Tip: Book early so that you are not disappointed.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank richy2203
Reviewed 22 August 2011

This was the best B&B we have used and the owners are very helpful and attentive without being obtrusive and very relaxed. The facilities are excellent and modern with high levels of 'in room' services. This was a short stay but left feeling that we would go out of or way to return. The area is excellent for walking and the countryside is beautiful.

Room Tip: 2 rooms both are separate from owners home
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank robertorton
Reviewed 22 May 2011

I was looking for a place to stay as I had an Event to attend at Cadwell Park, couldn't ask for better, nice rooms in a great location with all the amenities you would expect, Very clean and well kept, didn't get to check out all the paddock has on offer like the gardens etc, due to time constraints but certainly looked a nice place.

Thought room on the website looked perhaps a little gloomy but this was not the case at all, guess it's not the best photos.

Nice quiet bit of the countryside, noticed a fair bit of wildlife whilst going through the country lanes, probably quite a nice place for walkers or cyclists. There is not a lot in the village and as I discovered a lot of places in the vicinity don't take cards for payment which is worth knowing if you're a city person like myself and are used to swiping for everything.

The Owner Steve was very pleasant and accommodating despite my late arrival, good breakfast put on which set me up for the day.

Pay attention to website for location details as Sat Nat won't necessarily take you to the front door and I drove past a couple of times, I'm not very observant though.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank adhsmith
Reviewed 1 April 2011

you need to be hungry to appreciate Steve's full english...absolutely delightful. warm and friendly welcome, clean and well equipped room. a great b&b experience and brilliant for an early start at cadwell park.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank warobbo
Reviewed 5 September 2010

Stayed here at the beginning of September for a race meeting at Cadwell Park.
The hosts were very welcoming and couldn't have been more helpful.
We had everything we needed in the room and some very thoughtful touches - i.e. a flask of cold milk to make tea, chocolates, fruit etc.
The whole room was spotless and the beds were extremely comfy. Both my husband and I slept like logs.
Breakfast was served in the conservatory and there was every conceivable choice. I can recommend the full English!
All in all a very pleasant experience which I would recommend and will be repeating next year.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple