“Lovely For a Family Meal”

The Royal Oak Inn [The Splash]
Ranked #15 of 102 Restaurants in Louth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: This location is a pub/restaurant with rooms to let. Tel No : 01507 600750 One of the best places to have a Sunday lunch carvery........
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We visited the splash recently as my family had been many years ago. The place is still as how they recommend which is a good things as I would highly recommend this pub. Food is served from 12 onwards with an excellent choice on the menu. The staff are very friendly and the food of a high quality, I loved the hand made chips. To top off a fab inn on Watery Lane I loved the puddle you drove through on arrival and exit.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Enjoyable lunch. Excellent service, good quality food though perhaps a little unimaginative. slightly expensive. Very busy when we returned following with wedding so we had to go elsewhere, shame.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Friends took my wife and I for lunch at The Splash recently. I require a gluten free diet and so I was pleased to see that there was now a gluten free section to the menu. I ordered the curry, with rice, nan bread and chutney, but when my meal arrived there was no nan bread and no chutney. So as not to cause my friends any embarrassment I went and spoke to the female manager who haughtily informed me that the nan bread was not gluten free, but gave me a dish of chutney. I asked why they nan was specified on the menu, only to be told 'well, some people have it.' Not if you are coeliac ordering from a gluten free menu, you don't! I am afraid the manager's attitude was out of order and to add insult to injury, my later email of complaint did not even receive the courtesy of a reply. Is this a case of complacency at this popular eating place?

Reviewed 12 August 2014

It is our wedding anniversary at the weekend but we are busy with other things so thought we would go out today and have our anniversary meal! We had been recommended this pub by a good friend so thought we would give it a try and we were not disappointed. The ambience is great and the pub is large but intimate with different seating areas and rooms so you have a feeling of intimacy and cosiness. On Tuesdays and Thursdays at lunchtime they have a carvery as well as the normal menu and we had the carvery. It isn't cheap and it is the reason I gave it four starts instead of five but everything was cooked nicely and the staff are young and energetic and friendly. We also had a dessert, I had ice cream which was served in a lovely glass bowl with a fancy wafer so it looked very appetising and my husband had the bread and butter pudding. That was lovely too as he shared a little of it with me!! I would recommend this pub for any occasion and we are looking forward to going again when my daughter and her husband visit us. I would also recommend a walk around the village, as all the houses are different and some of them are obviously in the "millionaires' bracket". Will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

What an experience. Our family of 6 adults and 4 little ones arrived for a birthday lunch. Although we had booked inside they were more than happy for us to take a table on the well manicured lawns. The staff were very helpful and intuitive and even the gardener who was meticulous in his work was happy to take a photo. The food menu was varied, perfectly cooked and presented. As for beer they had a good selection of ales including a perfectly served Tim Taylor Landlord.
The waiter was so grateful for a tip. We will most definitely be back...