“Fairly average”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Food wasn't bad. I had a panini and some fries. It was quite tasty and my husband enjoyed his burger. Found it a little odd that the menu just gave names of sandwiches without an explanation as to what exactly they consisted of. Had to hunt down a member of staff to ask then return to the bar to place our order as we were fed up of waiting. Staff were not brilliant, they were not rude but did act as though we were a bit of an inconvenience. Would visit again as I would like to try a proper meal on the menu but it's not really a traditional american diner. For some reason the English unfortunately struggle to replicate some of the great american diner style food.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

food was great, with huge portions great if you've a big appetite, but the service was dreadful! the waitress was stood behind the bar on her phone, taking SELFIES and actually ringing and texting people too! she sometimes glared over at us as well, couldn't really be bothered to see to us to be honest and overall didn't seem approachable or friendly. The guy who I assume must have been in charge was nice and witty, but needs to pay more attention to giving his staff a kick up the bum to be more attentive! I am a waitress and I find it so frustrating when the job isn't done right!

5  Thank joeeey12
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stopped here for lunch, the place was deserted having just been in to Wetherspoons which was full I did wonder why .
The service was poor, I had a chilli hotdog which had obviously been nuked in the microwave so much I couldn't even cut it. I complained and it was replaced. The place itself could of done with a good clean the tables obviously hadn't been wiped.
This place needs to up its game if it wants to compete with the weatherspoons nearby. Will not be visiting here again.

1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed 10 February 2014

From the outside, you would be forgiven if you walked past this place without noticing it but it really is a MUST to visit!
I love it here. As you enter the restaurant the American Diner theme is very clear and done very tastefully. It is clear that alot of time & effort has gone into the detail of the decor from the delightful Betty Boop figure to large booth seating, it is a real charming place to see.
There is a wide variety of American Diner style food, bugers, steaks etc but also mexican choices such a buritos and fajitas. It is very good value for money as you get generous portions whatever you order. The staff are polite and friendly and I have always experienced fast, personalised service.
Agreed this may not be to everybodies taste but if you are looking for a laidback place to dine with a brilliant choice of delicious food & fast, friendly service then this is the place to go!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

To start the decor and ambiance of the place were just not up to scratch. Nothing said wow. I ordered a blue cheese burger and there was not one single hint of blue cheese. My partner order a montray jack burger and our burgers were identical. No flavour, poor cut of meat in the burger. Really a means to an end. Absolutely no desire to re-visit.

1  Thank Adele262_13