“Great Food and Cocktails!”
Review of Smokey Joe's American Diner - CLOSED

Smokey Joe's American Diner
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Popped in for a quick bite for lunch. Does what it says on the tin. Great food and friendly service.

1  Thank Sara A
There are newer reviews for Smokey Joe's American Diner

Reviewed 4 June 2014

It was a fun evening with good portions of the burgers and the nacho starter was a welcome beginning to a greaqt meal suggested by my son Joe and his partner.
They have a challenge to eat a huge meal in some 30 minutes...well a lad on the next table tried, but failed not surprisingly. There was a good atmosphere there and the whole time we were there, service was fine and all attending the restaurant were obviously enjoying their meal.

1  Thank PatrickWebb
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Well, we went for a family meal at smokey joes. We ordered steaks from the menu which were cold when they got to the table. When we went to pay it turns out they no longer do the £10steaks we ordered. I they only do the £20 steaks so after a terrible meal with terrible service (the young staff seem more interested in their phones and smoking), it cost over £50 just for me and my partner. I when we questioned this we were met with hostility and attitude. I can honestly say that was the worst meal I've had in Louth. Thanks avoid the place at all cost

8  Thank Foodielocal
carolanne123, Owner at Smokey Joe's American Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Customer, I am slightly confused by your review as we do not do a £10 steak and never have our steaks are priced at £14.95,£15.95 and £21.95 so please could you advise whrere you got price as our prices are clearly stated on our menu, also the staff working on Saturday night do not smoke so am also very confused by this comment.

I look forward to your response.

Please could you confirm that this was smokey joes in Louth lincolnshire as there are a couple in other places
Kind regards

Wendy

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Visited here for the first time on a trip to Louth . I had a blue cheese burger and curly fries, burger was home made and full of flavour , the wife had a chicken burger which was a char grilled breast. Staff were really helpful and pleasant. Won't be long before we visit again really enjoyed it, I might have to try the man vs food challange next time

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Food wasn't bad. I had a panini and some fries. It was quite tasty and my husband enjoyed his burger. Found it a little odd that the menu just gave names of sandwiches without an explanation as to what exactly they consisted of. Had to hunt down a member of staff to ask then return to the bar to place our order as we were fed up of waiting. Staff were not brilliant, they were not rude but did act as though we were a bit of an inconvenience. Would visit again as I would like to try a proper meal on the menu but it's not really a traditional american diner. For some reason the English unfortunately struggle to replicate some of the great american diner style food.