The Pack Horse
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bfamily room was greatdouble roomplenty of hot waternice staystayed for one nightcomfy bedpackhorsepinthomemadeheating
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I stayed here for one night when I had a job interview in town. I booked the room a day or two in advance but when I arrived nobody was there. The B&B is on top of a restaurant, which was closed that day and a note was stuck on the door with a number to ring. I kept ringing but nobody picked up. It was past 6pm and nobody was about in the streets, all shops shut. I then walked down the road to a chippy that was still open and asked whether there was anything I could do. They advised me to go up into town and try one of the pubs as the owners of the restaurant/B&B also run that. So I went there but it was also shut. I then decided to just wait outside and keep calling the number. Eventually, someone picked up and came to let me in.

As I was traveling on my own I had booked a single and was pleasantly surprised when I got a large twin room. The room itself had obviously been recently furnished, the bathroom was spotless and lovely. The bed was very comfy! The room also came with wifi (which unfortunately stopped working at some point that evening) and a cooked breakfast the next morning.

Overall, a good place to stay but I would have rated it higher had the internet not stopped working and had they actually answered their phone.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Just got back from a weekend away to Louth.Gorgeous place, very friendly and the accommodation was superb. Very clean, comfy beds and superb ensuite. Owners very friendly and the breakfast was superb!! We will definately return in the near future.

2  Thank Sue B
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We stayed here for two nights in the twin room which was very comfortable. Everywhere was clean and the breakfast which was downstairs in the american diner was more than ample. We had eaten here the evening before and were more than happy with the menu choice and quality of food. Would recommend as the b & b is in the middle of the village of Louth with quite a few places near to visit.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

We stayed here on 3rd July 2012 and were very surprised to watch Four in a Bed in the evening when who should be on the channel 4 programme was the Pack Horse Louth.
We stayed in room 3 which is a twin room and quiet, it had a newly refurbished bathroom and was very comfortable, Not the best of views from the bedroom window overlooking a wall but that was not a problem The morning breakfast with fresh strawberries and rashberries and cooked breakfast was excellent as were our hosts Wendy and John The market town of Louth has plenty of individual shops selling fresh and home cooked foods.

Room Tip: Room 3 was a twin and quiet at the back,
3  Thank ohdearmeWestmidlands
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Stayed in the Pack Horse for one night on a business trip and was impressed with both the quality of the accomodation and the price. The bedroom was large, clean and warm with really comfortable beds. The staff were friendly and efficient and provided me with a full run down of the facilities in the town including the restaurants. Unfortunately the restaurant was closed on Mondays so I was unable to sample the food but if breakfast was anything to go by then I'm sure it would be excellent.
Will certainly stay here again if in the area!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business