“Great Location for Cadwell Park”
Review of The Pack Horse

The Pack Horse
and 1 more site!
The Pack Horse
Ranked #17 of 20 Louth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We stayed in the family room as we had booked late.Excellent room,very comfortable and clean.The breakfast was excellent.Definately booking for next years racing.

Lively bar/restaurant but this ended fairly early and didnt interfear with our sleep.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room to the back of the hotel but it still was a problem
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 August 2012

I am only down the road in Grimsby but decided to stay over while attending a wedding at the nearby Kenwick Park Hotel.I know Louth reasonably well and the 'Pack Horse' is ideally located in the town centre.Although this is a traditional building dating back quite some time the interior is a nice blend of both new and old and the rooms are of a high standard with an en-suite.
The 'Pack Horse' is a B and B,restaurant and a lively pub and is very close to all the main local nightspots which for a town of Louths size are very smart and very lively,I will definately stay here again and would highly recommend it and Louth in general.They also offer a wide range of breakfasts and the staff are very friendly and obliging.

Room Tip: Always take your time and use this site as a guide.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed in the family room overnight for a wedding recently. The room was very clean, beds very comfortable, lovely modern design (look at the website photos) and plenty big enough for a family of four. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast in the diner was lovely and there was plenty to eat! My mum also stayed in the single room. This room was also plenty big enough, very clean, modern and for all of us, did not feel like you were staying in a B&B!

One negative I would mention is that in the morning, as these two rooms look out onto the road, any early morning deliveries can be heard as there is not double glazing. It may be an idea that there is part frosting put on the lower half of the windows so you can stay in bed or get changed with the curtains open during the day. Plus the card machine didnt work for Halifax cards when I paid but, the bank has said this was their machine at fault as it should have - so to avoid embarrassment, pay with money if you have a Halifax account!

Overall I would definately go back here with my family and would definately recommend to others!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed for 2 nights in the double room, very comfortable and clean. The owners and staff could not be more friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were excellent! We ate in the diner the first night and in their pub restaurant the second; very different but both good quality food and choice. The whole experience was very satisfactory and good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I stayed here for one night when I had a job interview in town. I booked the room a day or two in advance but when I arrived nobody was there. The B&B is on top of a restaurant, which was closed that day and a note was stuck on the door with a number to ring. I kept ringing but nobody picked up. It was past 6pm and nobody was about in the streets, all shops shut. I then walked down the road to a chippy that was still open and asked whether there was anything I could do. They advised me to go up into town and try one of the pubs as the owners of the restaurant/B&B also run that. So I went there but it was also shut. I then decided to just wait outside and keep calling the number. Eventually, someone picked up and came to let me in.

As I was traveling on my own I had booked a single and was pleasantly surprised when I got a large twin room. The room itself had obviously been recently furnished, the bathroom was spotless and lovely. The bed was very comfy! The room also came with wifi (which unfortunately stopped working at some point that evening) and a cooked breakfast the next morning.

Overall, a good place to stay but I would have rated it higher had the internet not stopped working and had they actually answered their phone.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Just got back from a weekend away to Louth.Gorgeous place, very friendly and the accommodation was superb. Very clean, comfy beds and superb ensuite. Owners very friendly and the breakfast was superb!! We will definately return in the near future.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue B
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We stayed here for two nights in the twin room which was very comfortable. Everywhere was clean and the breakfast which was downstairs in the american diner was more than ample. We had eaten here the evening before and were more than happy with the menu choice and quality of food. Would recommend as the b & b is in the middle of the village of Louth with quite a few places near to visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple