“Value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bambarinos
Ranked #19 of 95 Restaurants in Louth
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

After reading the reviews on trip advisor we decided to try Bambarinos for ourselves. We weren’t disappointed with the food – in fact we couldn’t fault the starters and the mains. We had prawn cocktail – served on a plate instead of in a dish and garlic mushrooms served with a couple of slices of French garlic bread and a side salad. The 3 mains we had were steak (cooked perfectly), pasta and a vegetarian pizza – the only down was that the pizza base could have been a bit crispier.

We had booked for 7am on a Saturday night and were very surprised when we arrived that it was already very busy. However our table was ready and we found the waiting staff to be very helpful.

The surroundings – as already mentioned by previous reviewers leave a lot to be desired – the outside could do with a good clear out and the interior could do with a good lick of paint, however it didn’t put us off.

We had a house bottle of white wine - £13.50 – and found it to be very tasty. The dishes were very reasonably priced and the portion size was good. The side salads were a good mix of salad and fruit items. The chips, although they looked over cooked, were tasty – however this was the only dish we had that was a smaller portion than we were expecting.

Although we were quite full with what we’d eaten we’d decided to try the desserts – we had pancake with ice cream and chocolate sauce and a banana spilt. We were a bit disappointed with these – they didn’t look as good as they could have done and the pancake was a bit rubbery.

All in all theres plenty of choice including steak, chicken. pasta and chicken and we will definitely go again – however we’ll probably give the desserts a miss next time.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank ajpatt

“Constantly outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Been here countless times and no matter what you choose on the menu - or even not on the menu- I am always impressed. It is the only place that the steak is cooked to perfection and the lasagne and penne al fonts are divine - I real must for any one! Once you go once you will never want to go to another restaurant again!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kattiesmile
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Unpretentious And Run By Nice People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Our first visit (driven by many times but always been put off by how the exterior looks) but just proves you shouldn't judge a book by its cover!

House wine is in litre bottles and at £12 unbelievably good value. Our starters were lovely but the Steaks that followed were the best thing of all. This lovely couple really can put out some quality food between them.

Just don't do what I did and assume they take card payment (strictly cash or cheques). Upon realising I didn't have enough cash to cover the bill, my embarrassment was saved by the owners laid back attitude which was wonderful, "just pay next time you're passing" Tina remarked.

This restaurant is genuine, unpretentious and serves fantastic food at very reasonable prices with Owners who seem to really care about their customers.

Forget how the outside looks, forgive the dated décor and bright lighting, just enjoy the place for what it is - A PLACE THAT SERVES GREAT FOOD!

Highly recommended (Just remember to take enough cash with you to pay)

• Visited March 2014
“Succulent Steaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

First visit to this restaurant in a group of 10. Excellent service and food at very reasonable prices. Décor a bit tatty but it would not deter us from visiting again. Only gripe I have is they don't do a filter coffee and think they can charge £2.00 for a cup of instant coffee! Will definitely visit again and tell others.

• Visited February 2014
Leicester
“A place that challenges what is a good restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I had driven by this place hundreds of times. I dismissed it out of hand. I love fine dining, beautiful buildings, special interiors. However we needed something on a sunday evening and Bambarinos was open. So I thought we'd try it.

From the outside it looked very run down. Old cars, a ripped sun blind over the window. Walking inside did not lift my hopes. No particular style or ambiance was being attempted.

Then I saw people waiting for take away by the bar and my hopes died even more.

But..... And what a but. The magic of the place washed over me. We were greeted by a friendly chef who is happy for you to watch him prepare the food in the open plan kitchen. We were shown to a table. The place was full. People were laughing and talking. The background music was perfect and added to one of the warmist and friendly places I have ever visiited. It reminded me of eating at home when my later mum had crowds of friends round for a meal.
The steak was to die for. The prices unbelievable. So a challenge to all Trip Advisor readers in the area. Ignore the outside, let Bambarinos change your view of what a good restuarant should be. It did me.

• Visited November 2013