Best Western Plus Kenwick Park Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$125
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgolf coursekenwick parkleisure facilitiesspa breakafternoon teasteam roomswimming poolcourse evening mealsteak nightrelaxation roomleisure clubshuttle busice roomround of golfthe main hotelchanging roomssandwiches
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend went to kenwickpark in October 2013 for his birthday, when we got to the room, I checked around the room and the room was not as clean as expected, cobwebs on light fitting and on wardrobes. Meal was standard and not much choice, nothing really special, breakfast all tasted the same. We had one complaint about black smelly water coming out of the bath plug hole when we emptied the bathroom sink. We complained at the front desk who sorted the problem while we was at dinner, we checked back to say they have sorted it, went to check back and they had only put bleech down to sort it, I filled the sink and it was still happening. The front desk were useless and didn't offer another room. Would not be going again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
lisaloud, Manager at Best Western Plus Kenwick Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I was disappointed to read you did not enjoy your stay and certain issues were unacceptable. I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise and I would be happy to discuss the matter further direct if you would like to contact the hotel on 01507 608806.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I booked a 2 bedroom timber lodge in The Woods for a half term break for myself and 2 energetic boys. Reception is at the main hotel and staff were friendly and very welcoming. We then drove the mile down the lane next to the well manicured golf course to find our super timber lodge. Each lodge has plenty of space from the next and surrounded by woodland. Inside 2 leather sofas, a flat screen tv, a kitchen that was very clean and well appointed meant we could settle very quickly into our holiday. A bonus for us was the hotels leisure facilities a swimming pool again enclosed in wood with steam room and sauna was excellent. Spa treatments are also available. The changing rooms were functional with lockers but some without keys although I always felt safe and secure with plenty of staff around. Also available for a small fee of £5 an hour was table tennis or squash/racket ball. The café in the leisure club served good coffee and cakes etc. and seemed very popular with local club members. We were never rushed and used the pool for 2 hrs every day, the site is a good base for visiting Mablethorpe and Lincoln etc. and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian E
Reviewed 2 November 2013

First, I will complimente the hotel on it's location and views over the front aspect and golf course area.....Beautiful! Great and easy access from the main A16 linkroad approx 400 metres away. Food during this visit was vastly improved and a good selection particulalry if you book a Dinner B & B package. I even passed on my compliments to the Chef, which incidentaly was the Head Chef during this stay.

The Staff during this visit were warm and friendly and even recognised me from previous visits and welcomed me back, which is always a bonus.

The leisure facilities (Swimming Pool, Gymnasium, Aerobics Studio) are excellent and the gym is particulalry well equipped.

Now the negative......My room was on the first floor overlooking the rear of the hotel, you could hear the swing doors used by the staff from the floor below, I was even disturbed by the noise from the staff at the rear of the hotel after 11pm........as I have to be up and at them by 06:30, I retire to bed early, but the noise pollution experienced this visit was of an un-acceptable level.

The choice is "The Brackenborough" approx 2 miles away which has great ambience and food, but lacks a gym and as a gym and swimming pool user, this is the attraction of the kenwick park.
The choice is yours, but if rooms you are offered are 301, 302 or 303, I personally would decline as I have stayed in two of these rooms now and on both occasions have experience noise pollution from the kitchen area.

I would still return to the Kenwick Park Hotel, but solely because of the leisure Facilities. But can you please sort the stairs out that lead to the kitchen below and at least try to get some insulation there.

Room Tip: Ground floor, but away from the bar area and avoid rooms 301 - 303. Rooms to the front of the Hotel have fantastic views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Hotfrog
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I booked an offer for my wife and I which consisted of afternoon tea, three course meal, bed, breakfast and use of the leisure facilities. This was £130 for two people which I thought was great value.

Check in at the hotel was fine, as you'd expect. Some of the customer areas were in need of a clean. There was a carpet that separated two dining areas that was heavily stained and the windows were dirty in places. I wouldn't say it was dirty, it was just a few areas that required some cleaning.

We stayed in room 101 which is a huge room with a double and a 3/4 bed in it. Looks like it could possibly be a family room. The room itself was clean. It looked like it could do with updating like some other areas of the hotel. The bathroom was clean. The bed was comfortable. There was a table and two chairs to sit at. There was a trouser press and iron. Couldn't seem to get the iron to work though, it would only heat up a little bit. There was a kettle in the room. Had to ask reception for some tea as it was missing but this was soon sorted.

Dinner was lovely. I think it would've been nice if the set menu was on the website so I could have a look at it before I sat at the table but to be honest we weren't disappointed. There were four starters, four mains and three desserts I believe. My wife chose the soup whilst I opted for crispy whitebait. For main course I had rump steak with garlic potatoes and my wife chose chicken on a bed of risotto. For dessert I had a chocolate torte and my wife had a strawberry cheesecake. The food was wonderful. Couldn't fault it. It was also nice to see that they hadn't scrimped due to the fact that this menu was part of the offer. I was pleased to see steak on there. The service was good, the staff were polite and professional.

Breakfast the following morning was a hot buffet style with the usual full English selections as well as fruit, yoghurts and cereals etc. Again, I thought the food was very nice.

After checking out we used the leisure facilities for a couple of hours. Nice swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room plus the option to pay for beauty treatments and massages etc if you want to. It was lovely to relax and unwind after breakfast.

When we checked in we were given the option of having the afternoon tea the following day which again I thought was good service.

The afternoon tea consisted of tea, sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and jam, plum-bread and cake. Plenty for two and very nice. My wife asked for her sandwiches to be made without butter which the chef did especially for her. Again, going the extra mile.

All in all a nice night away.

Five star service in a three star hotel. We'd definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
lisaloud, Manager at Best Western Plus Kenwick Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your positive and constructive feedback. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and the food was to your satisfactory, I have passed all your comments to the head chef. I would also like to take this opportunity to apologise for the cleanliness in parts thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I look forward to welcoming you once again to the hotel in the future.

Kind Regards

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Had and overnight stay with game of golf for husband - he loved the course. Large, clean room although the decor a little dated. Although we had asked for a quiet room ours was above the sitting room (next to bar) which was busy and we could hear some noise. However, we always travel with our trusty earplugs and once these were in place we had an excellent sleep - comfy bed. Had a lovely afternoon tea and the evening meal (roast dinner) was very nice. Good buffet breakfast with plenty of choice. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple