“Excellent weekend”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Louth
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Excellent weekend”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed in the hotel for two nights with family & friends to celebrate a birthday. Everything was perfect. The rooms were very clean and large , the breakfast was first class and the meals could not be faulted in the restaurant. To end our fab weekend we had a lovely "Sunday lunch with Santa" which was a perfect end to our super weekend. Thanks to all the staff who were so helpful throughout our stay

Room Tip: Ground floor if you have difficulty walking .
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
MK/UK
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Have just spent the night at Kenwick Park in order to see the seals at Donna Nook and visit family. Check in was prompt and courteous and the bedroom was fantastic! Two huge beds, table and chairs, complementary tea and coffee, lovely view from bay window, immaculately clean bed linen, sparkling bathroom - lovely! As it was Friday night we opted for the Friday Fish menu in the restaurant. What amazing value! Two courses (we opted for main and dessert) for two, with a bottle of wine for £25.00! Our freshly caught Grimsby haddock was huge and delicious, the chips hot and crispy and the mushy peas the best I have ever tasted! This was followed by a selection of three cheeses with biscuits. I couldn't finish it all. Service was friendly and efficient. We didn't try the spa as we had arrived late and had to leave early in the morning. Breakfast was excellent with a comprehensive buffet as well as a separate menu which was cooked to order. My poached eggs were perfect and my friend's scrambled with smoked salmon were amazing, she said. We are already planning to return in the summer to spend longer there and do some exploring.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
UK
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Stayed here during Nov made full use of the spa, jacuzzi, swimming pool and gym. Cabins were ok even if they were on a bit of a slope. Daily leaf blowing made my life a living hell, blowing his leaves away for about an hour each time (while i was trying to sleep). A few cabin owners need to make sure they keep their animals on a lead at all times. Woodland walk is a bit of a joke, the paths on the map provided do not exist and as soon as you get into the walk you are in a Christmas tree field. The road between the main complex and log cabins is a death trap during the night (ensure you bring a torch during the winter months). It annoyed me that you might spend 00's of pounds on a cabin but you still only get half a sponge to clean your dishes with. Cant say i had many dealings with reception with the exception of booking in and out both of which were as efficient as Lincoln university lecturers (annoying customers) in front would allow. Cafe by the health club was very nice as were the staff. I understand there were circuits classes at the health club although i didn't attend. Watch out for the old granny's hogging the jacuzzi!!

• Stayed November 2013
Skegness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I booked this overnight stay for me and my husband for my 23rd birthday never been before but as soon as we arrived we was made welcome looked after the rooms was clean very nice lovely bathroom and bath ! With our package deal we received a two corse meal which I have to say was fab really enjoyed it and again staff was very helpful and had time for us ! Spa lady's was friendly helpful and made us feel welcome infact that welcome after we had what was in with out package me and my husband booked other treatments for the next day would defo stay here again without a doubt and maybe in a log cabbin next time and bring friends defo recommend would give it a 5 star !!!

• Stayed November 2013
Reviewed 23 November 2013

my wife and i stopped at the kenwick park as it was close to donna nook where we had seen the seals and their pups
We stayed in the annex, in a room that has recentley been refubished we found it to be very nice
The pool was great
We had our dinner in the restaraunt, the food was very enjoyable
The breakfast was a good start to the day

We are planning a return visit with freinds next year.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Neil R
Louth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Myself and all my family booked to stay at this hotel,as it was close to my daughters wedding,even my daughter and her new husband had booked to stay on her wedding night.So as a family of twenty,we stayed over night,and was looking forward to having breakfast for the first time in thirty two years as a whole family,after having a very unsetting year for all of us.The rooms very dated and not clean,no hot water for showers etc.We had asked if we could all be seated together at breakfast.They said it wouldnt be a problem and we would wait for the table to be done etc.The staff reluctanly put wet tables together,my brother mentioned about the tables being wet,so the staff sprayed them instead of drying then,as they said the tables had been in the celler.The plates were practicly thrown down,to which a couple of us commented,we had no table clothes like all the other tables had,I went and got us all servettes,side plates etc.When we asked about tea and coffee,the staff made you feel it was so much trouble,it just was not worth asking any more.As a family we just wanted and needed to be together to be able to have a nice relaxing breakfast,but all the staff spoilt that.I live not far from the hotel I wish everyone had stayed at mine and saved the £900.00 plus for the one night it had cost for us to stay there.The staff really need to learn some customer service,because they are so miserable,I wish now we had complained at the time,as my nephew had about a lot of other problems,but we never mentioned all the above.I would not recommend staying here

Room Tip: If your disabled as I am theres to much walking to do just to get to a room,showers in rooms not on...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank pauline c
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed at the Kenwick Park on a price deal but would not have complained if we had paid full price, With only the most minor faults - no loo brush, for instance - the food, staff and accomodation were excellent. The staff were very helpful and cheerful, the bed the size of a small shire, a proper bathroom and though the menu is not extensive, the food was delicious - try the home made piccalilli -
and reasonably priced.
There are log cabins on site too if you fancy alternative accomodation and a golf course if you are that way inclined which the Hotel have arrangements with.
Yes - we would go back, and that's the acid test.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Louth
Brackenborough Hotel
Branston Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Branston
Best Western Oaklands Hall Hotel
The Admiral Rodney Hotel, Eatery & Coffee House

Been to Best Western Plus Kenwick Park Hotel? Share your experiences!