“Wonderful”
Review of The Priory Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Louth
The Priory Hotel
Ranked #1 of 20 Louth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stayed here a few years ago and vowed never to use this hotel again . We recently needed to stay in the area and after much thought decided to try this hotel again , Amazing !!!! We was greeted by the hotel owner then shortly after went to our room , It was a different room to before although next to the one we were in previously , The room was beautifully clean and fresh smelling unlike the one we stayed in before that was very dirty , dusty and decorated with cobwebs . In the evening we enjoyed a meal in the hotel which was a taster menu .This was gorgeous , In the morning we enjoyed a beautiful breakfast cooked by a very polite young man , The staff at the hotel vary , Some seem to just want to get on and do their job others seem to work but also give time to chat , We spoke to a young lady who was busy cleaning a nearby room she asked if we needed anything and said she hoped we enjoyed our day , We also spoke to a young man who was mopping downstairs .. although he had his own personality that many people mabey wouldnt like . We both thought he was a fine young man and very worthy of a job at this hotel . All in all we would definately recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 September 2013

The Priory In Louth is a very idiosyncratic place; the staff are largely young people who have been given a chance and unique opportunity to make something of their lives. The owner Paul is a very likeable, friendly character with a big heart. He is also a brilliant chef as witnessed by his sampler 7-course menu (allow at least 2 hours!!) You will be impressed. Don't expect 5-star luxury with uniformed staff, but you will get very efficient and enthusiastic service. From the
Moment I arrived I was offered help with my bags
and a great welcome from Paul. I was given a guided tour of this ex-school house and shown the extensive gardens with large pond area and summer house. The patio area was
A great peaceful place to sit and wind down. My room was adequate with a powerful shower and generous fluffy towels. Nothing is too much trouble for the Priory staff. There was a comfortable lounge with open fire and a well stocked bar with very reasonable prices.
The hotel is well placed close to the town centre (5
Mins walk away) There is ample parking and despite being on a main route into Louth my room was quiet and I had a good night's sleep.
Paul is doing a wonderful job with his staff and I was impressed with their openness, bright dispositions, and willingness to please.
I will definitely return to The Priory.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Wingco44
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Due to the nature of my job I spend my life in hotels up and down the country and I have to say that The Priory is without doubt one of my most treasured stays.
From the moment that you walk through the door you're greeted by the owners; Paul and Shelly who are an absolute delight, just what you need after 3+ hours of driving!

The food is spectacular and I am always accommodated for the fact i'm on my own, whether it be magazines left for me to read, where i'm seated or the friendliness of the staff it's a completely amazing experience.

The rooms are clean, warm and quiet and the beds are extremely comfortable.

Paul is one of the nicest people that I have ever come across, as is his wife and the rest of the staff at The Priory. There is nowhere else in Louth that I would even consider staying and I will soon be approaching my third stay this year!

Thanks for all you do for me!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank miacat-87
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We are in the early stages of arranging our wedding with Paul.......and have to admit that so far, we're not sure who's more excited..... us or Paul !! We have so many ideas of what we want, and Paul is taking everything on board, as well as suggesting some great ideas...... We are planning on having a number of surprises for our guests on the big day, and paul has taken everything on board like a kiddie in a sweet shop !! I'm sure with his help (and Shelley who we have yet to meet !) our wedding day will be an amazing experience to be enjoyed by all...!! (including all the staff at the priory too..... as they will be honorary wedding guests !!) Am so looking forward to it.... can't wait !!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We had our wedding at The Priory over the last weekend of August and it was more wonderful than we could ever have imagined.

The magnificent character of the The Priory, the truly incredible food and the genuine warmth offered from Paul and every single member of his staff added to an unbelievably amazing atmosphere throughout our special stay.

It is really difficult to put into words how perfect our day really was, but it was honestly everything we dreamed of and so much more….

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Me and my family ' enjoyed the most fantastic wedding day ' at the priory , Paul and his staff was fantastic ' the 7 course taster meal ' was the best food I have had in this country! Paul never stopped cooking ' he catered for the children ' fantastically , Paul's chocolate room was out of this world ' and the cheese room wow ! So many choices ' the hotel and grounds ' lovely , will be visiting again soon .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Attended the Priory on Saturday 7th for best friends wedding. What a fabulous day. The food was amazing, every single thing was a taste sensation and it just kept coming, attention to detail was marvellous and they made a small celebration into an intimate and classy occasion. Will certainly be visiting to try their evening meals, Chef needs a medal, superb venue and out of this world food.

• Stayed: September 2013