“great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Priory Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Louth
The Priory Hotel
Ranked #1 of 18 Louth B&B and Inns
Sevenoaks District, United Kingdom
“great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is the second time we have stayed in this hotel, great service and the evening meal is an eye opener on what is top rate quality, that you would only get at top price hotels.
The hotel is located just outside the center of Louth and is a very short walk into the town center. Would happily stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Asparagoose, Owner at The Priory Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you so much for the review. It was a pleasure having you with us and your comments are really appreciated. Although we are a bit stretched at time due to the small size of our team and the age of the building we do really try to offer good value and a genuinely relaxed welcome. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Malvern
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I'm not sure if my daughter and I stayed at the same hotel as other reviewers as our experience was so completely opposite beginning when we arrived to book in. According to the booking confirmation, check in is from 14.30 but when we arrived at about 14.45 after a 4 hour drive, it was to find a notice on the door stating that the hotel only opens at 4pm - something to do with it being their home as well as an hotel? Luckily we were visiting family who happened to be at home so we had somewhere to pass the time. Later we checked in and were given a smallish but adequate room with ensuite. Nice and clean and the beds were comfortable enough. We noted breakfast was served until 9am and were almost ready at 8.15 am the next morning when we were surprised by the room phone ringing. My daughter answered and was told that if we wanted breakfast, it would have to be in the next 10 mins as the chef had to do the school run! So we went down and found the dining room totally deserted except for 2 other guests. We looked around and found some cereal and juice and a few minutes later a man appeared and said he would cook us a full breakfast. No choice of ingredients or eggs was offered. The large plates of food appeared shortly afterwards with some toast stuck on the side, and the man said he was off to school but would be back in 15 minutes. All quite bizarre. On the plus side, he kindly loaned us toothpaste as we had forgotten ours.
The hotel is quite shabby but has some beautiful period features. It will clearly take a lot of time and money to bring it back to full glory. However I feel the owners need to note that an hotel is run for the convenience of the guests and not the owners.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Klesley
Asparagoose, Owner at The Priory Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Wow, okay well firstly obviously sorry that we didn't live up to your expectations. Just wish you'd have mentioned something either at breakfast or when you were checking out as I am fully aware of our limitations and really do try to take each criticism in a way that makes me and our small team more determined to get it right in the future.

The reviewer is right I did call up at about 8.35 to apologise that I had to nip out for about 10 minutes to drop my son around the corner at school, however I also said I'd get back as quickly as possible. I know that this is not ideal or professional but in order to keep our breakfast free I try to cook and serve as many of the breakfasts as possible myself. Breakfast are cooked from scratch to order and if the reviewer had wanted her eggs cooked a certain way then all she had to do was ask .

I am very grateful that the reviewer raised the issue of family and the running of the Priory because it is a real balancing act for me at the moment and if you read this and are considering staying with us please know that there are times when I need to look after my son's, I really try to not let this impact on what we do but because we aren't big enough to have full time staff I have had to change things like the check in time and breakfast times but we will always do our best to accommodate each visitors needs whenever possible.
inverness
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Booked this hotel at the last minute when visiting Lincoln after reading that Louth was a good place to visit. The room we had was a bit creepy in my opinion however the bed was comfortable. The next day as it was a lovely morning we ate breakfast in the 'garden', this was an area which was unloved and uncared for, what a disaster.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ellie333Inverness
Asparagoose, Owner at The Priory Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
I am a bit baffled by this review. Obviously we are really sorry that the reviewer didn't have the stay they were expecting and we take all reviews good and bad to heart .

Straight off I'll acknowledge that the garden hasn't had as much attention this year and I personally apologise for this but it is something that we have been trying to address and had a review a few weeks back that acknowledged the garden as an important part of the humble and relaxed experience we try to offer.

Overall though this review seems a bit harsh as reviewers arrived late, were in what generally is a popular room, kept Rosie who was covering for me for breakfast waiting so late after breakfast had finished to come down that she was late for catering college and when they checked out didn't even hint that there was anything disappointing about there stay. That all said we believe very strong in the openness of Trip Advisor and while a bad review does hurt we will carry on trying to improve.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have stayed at the Priory on several occasions on business and I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone visiting the area. The staff are very friendly, the food is excellent and the hotel has a great deal of character!
My personal favourite part of the hotel is the back garden that is perfect for chilling with a glass of wine.
Business has become a pleasure due to my stays at the Priory.
A simply charming hotel that you must try!!
Al P

Room Tip: I have nothing to add here as all rooms were very quiet
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Asparagoose, Owner at The Priory Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. Rosy in particular needs to be acknowledged as she was the one who has mainly taken care of you on my day off. We really appreciate not only your business but the goodwill, thank you!
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We booked this b&b at very short notice and were lucky enough to secure one of the last rooms. It was defined as a "small double", but the bed was a standard size and at £59 for the room, we thought it was a bargain. The b&b is a period building and has bags of character. It is old so if modern is your thing, it probably isn't the place for you. But if you appreciate period features and want a clean and comfortable stay, you won't go wrong here! Unfortunately, we were too late to book a table in the restaurant (which had great reviews on here), but the breakfast was great and Paul, the owner, couldn't do enough to ensure we had an enjoyable stay. We will definitely return and book in advance next time so that we can eat in the restaurant and sample Paul's taster menu!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Asparagoose, Owner at The Priory Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your kind review. I know we are old and a bit rough around the edges in places so it's great when the welcome we try to provide is appreciated. really hope that I get a chance to cook our tasting menu for you in the future.
NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Our second visit was fantastic
Paul and co. Could not have done more to make our evening more enjoyable. We love Daniel and his charm warms our heart.
The food was imaginative and very creative
Love the atmosphere of the whole place

Room Tip: We had a small room and bed and although lovely we will definitely request a larger room for our thi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Grimsby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Where does one start ? There are not enough adjectives to describe the experience. It is the second time my partner and I have been to the Priory for the taster menu and the anticipation of driving there not knowing what we are going to be served, only adds to the enjoyment. Paul did not disappoint and as it was my partner's birthday he baked her a cake (which we had to take home as we were totally full). The customer service is absolutely second to none and a unique experience they cannot do enough for you and I applaud Paul for employing some of the staff from Linkage as not only is it a worthwhile cause they really do add to the experience. Wonderful night, wonderful staff. I can't wait until we go again !!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Louth
Brackenborough Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Killingholme
Petwood Hotel
Petwood Hotel
#2 of 4 in Woodhall Spa

Been to The Priory Hotel? Share your experiences!