“A good solid local with v. good value food”
Review of The Boars Head - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Boars Head
Lincolnshire
“A good solid local with v. good value food”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I am a regular at this pub (and numerous others within the town) and feel the previous reviews just don't do it justice. It's certainly a regular's haunt, 'wet-led' in the modern parlance, but none the worse for that. The landlord and landlady are perhaps a quirky couple and a little taciturn, but they know how to keep consistently excellent beer. The food -- though limited to just a few items on a few days -- is fabulous value and enormous helpings. The choice of music, mainly 1950s-60s songs, may not suit everyone, but it creates a good atmosphere and many people go to it for this alone.
As always, tastes vary, but it's a relaxing and quaint place and full of real Lincolnshire people.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank nicklud

London, United Kingdom
“Àvoid”
Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

This is a really quaint pub that deserves to be buzzing. It's cosy and warm with some nice locals. Unfortunately just read the last 2 reviews and you will understand why I don't need to say anymore.

1 Thank jonbecker
Louth, Lincolnshire
“OMG Disgusting PUB!”
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I took a friend of mine here this evening. I wanted to show him my "local". I was disgusted by the total lack of enthusiasm to new trade by the landlady that spent all of her time on her laptop dismissing the local council and opportunity for new trade. She dismissed the pub she was running as a council problem wishing that a "travel lodge" would take them over and saying that the trade was so awful that no one would want to be in there at the weekend!!!

I had visited the pub as I wanted to start up an acoustic music night in the area. Her husband was very accommodating inviting me to do the occasional Saturday with my musician partner shortly in the future. THIS WILL NOT NOW HAPPEN!! On leaving with my friend a "local" shouted "watch the door". I replied "really maybe you should!"/ We were followed out by some male pierced roughen threatening violence individual threatening us as to our future. The previous mentioned geezer after mouthing off, returned to his Neanderthal cave being the saloon bar of the Boars head to grunt with the landlady chum no doubt.
This is a dog poo pub. AVOID otherwise face the PERIL of ignorance. You have been warned. They do not even deserve a visit to see if they have changed. Wait until reopened by humans!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Gordon_McC
“Don't bother. Better Bateman pubs to visit.”
Reviewed 8 February 2013 via mobile

This is possibly the worst pub I have visited within the local area in terms of customer service. As a real ale fan I would advise you to avoid this pub as the management were extremely rude. It's the reason why real pubs are dying, its such a shame. I really want to support local ale but this really puts me off. Cambra real ale member. Better places to visit.

Louth, United Kingdom
“Excellent value fish and chip supper”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Went to the recently changed hands Boards Head to try the fish and chip supper on a Friday. It was excellent. Very good value for money, £5.00. Well cooked, decent size portion. Well worth a visit.

Visited October 2012