“New-comers Pie n Chips”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Louth
The Three Horseshoes
Ranked #3 of 13 Speciality Lodging in Louth
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We are moving into the village in 2 weeks time and spent a lovely evening at the 3 Horseshoes with the couple whose house we are buying. What a fantastic new local we have which we will support as much as possible and great to be there on the folk night.Very friendly and welcoming. Our meal was great but I would have liked a better crust on my pie, a little too light and flaky although delicious. The meat n gravy was lovely. Perhaps a few more chips would be good too (the chips were lovely and home-made). We will be back very soon and hope to be loyal customers! Keep up the excellent work. We would recommend the 3 Horseshoes to anyone and will be back there in about 2 weeks time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 August 2013

A nice old Country Pub offering a friendly atmostphere with pleasant staff, games room,outside glamping, also hook-ups for own caravans, tents etc, showers. wi-fi, plus Good Food & Good Beer ! The Pub is located in the Wolds with great Walks and easy access to the coast. Cadwell Racing Circuit close by. Horncastle Antique Centre and a host of other nice places to visit nearby.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Booked The Three Horseshoes for a large gathering of 25 people. Mums & Children. It was a great and pleasurable experience. We stayed for 3 nights. Ian was a star and so helpful. We loved it so much we have booked the whole campsite out for next year. We ate lunch in the pub before leaving yesterday and the food was wonderful.
Well done to Ian and Denise for such a lovely homely feel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank nicki c
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My partner and I booked the belle tent for the weekend and it was amazing! we had a lovely quiet and relaxing weekend. The facilities were modern and very clean. The pub is a lovely little traditional pub which has a cosy and welcoming feel to it - perfect for a few drinks after a busy day out and about. The food was also very very nice.
Ian, the host, was very welcoming and friendly.
The belle tent itself had everything you need inside - crockery etc and was complete with fairy lights and an electric heater for a warm cosy night in. Just be wary of leaving the lights on at night if damp outside due to bugs being attracted to it.
The area is stunning and we were lucky to have a boiling weekend for the most part so we could sit outside and have a BBQ (which you can hire for a small fee). I would definitely recommend people to stay here, either camping or in the belle tent!

Room Tip: the campsite is lovely and quiet. Pitching a tent there is easy and there is lots of room. if you pr...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I turned up - on spec - on the 17th July 2013 during those few days of glorious sunshine - with no fixed plan - and got lucky. I ended up staying until the 22nd - just prior to the weather breaking and the thunder storms.

Ian ( the host) was very accommodating and had a pleasant and flexible approach to my indecisiveness on length of stay.

He was - in my experience a relaxed and laid back sort of guy - so don't turn up expecting military precision and timing on everything. Ha!

The other members of staff that I met were all very nice folk too... I got to chat at length with the Chef and the "Hygiene technician" on a number occasions.

The camp site is sited at the rear of the pub and catches all of the day's sunshine. There is limited shade - so beware if you do not take you own - however, you can always retreat to the pub for a nice cold something or other.

The "facilities" - of which there are two looked like they were relatively new - and modern - and were cleaned and stocked on a regular basis. Plenty of hot water and excellent pressure from both showers.

The camp shop met my needs for basic solo motorcycle (lightweight) camping.. In terms of basic stocked items that I could throw into a pan etc. The shop wine selection had a fair range in terms of pricing and quality.

I did eat the pub food too - the Sunday Roast - and would consider it on par with the other odd occasions i've eaten-out - and i'm sure regular pub diners would consider his menu offering as value for money.

The village is quiet and pretty and has a small ford at one end (ankle deep when I visited to dip my toes!)
All the village folk that I bumped into always had a smile and said hello etc.

There at lots of walks dotted around too - though I didn't venture far as I only had only taken my flip-flops and motorcycle boots for footwear! - however, other campers seemed to have lots of good things to say about them.

As always - the longer you stay the more chance of experiencing a mixed bag of other campers - but overall during my stay - most were very friendly and amiable folk. The two that stood out were Martin & Dawn (and their two pooches) from Stamford, two seasoned travellers and campers.

Overall a very pleasant and relaxing place to visit :)

Would I revisit..... Yes!

Reviewed 19 July 2013

The silence was quite deafening. Cheers to Ian the owner for making our family so welcome and allowing me to park the horse box. Campsite was immaculate. Superb showers (if only two), very up market. The location is amazing. So beautiful. The pub had a good selection of drinks but the food is almost to die for. My missus is a fussy eater. Recommend the hunters chicken and the fish. Loved it so much. Small enough to get to know all your other campers. Delightful!

2  Thank Elmo101
Ian P, Owner at The Three Horseshoes, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and many thanks for the review.

Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

Had three nights camping at this wonderful pub and campsite. Showers free and immaculate. Enjoyed toasting our marshmallows over a proper campfire. Ian was an outstanding host. We ate in the pub one night and the food was excellent. The surrounding countryside is stunning. A fabulous short break that we all thoroughly enjoyed.

• Stayed: July 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review (especially a nice one) and really glad your enjoyed your stay with us. All the best.