“A gem of a hotel”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Louth
Canberra, Australia
“A gem of a hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

My wife and I who were visiting from Australia stayed here for 1 night on valentines day. We booked on short notice and chose this hotel as it was convenient for visiting family which is why we were in Louth. What a find, this is a great, well run hotel with friendly owners/staff and great food. The lady (owner) at the front desk was very welcoming and asked us if we would be dining at the hotel that evening. We said we would and gave an approximate time. I asked what time the bar opened in the evenings and was told 5.30pm (which was fine with me but the lady owner kindly offered to open early for me if I wanted a drink earlier then that). The rooms are large and tastefully decorated. The bed was very comfortable ensuring a good nights sleep. We had a drink in the cosy bar before dinner where our orders were taken for dinner. When the time came we were escorted into the dining room for our meal. My meal of salmon was fantastic, cooked to perfection. my wife had scampi and chips which she said was very nice. It was quite busy being valentines night but the service did not suffer as a result. After a great nights sleep we had a cooked breakfast which again I could not fault. This was an unexpected little gem of a hotel and we will definitely stay here next time we are in Louth. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Louth.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PAD502014
Beaumont_11, Manager at Beaumont Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you! I hope should you visit Louth again in the future you will choose the Beaumont.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Norwich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Beaumont and would have no hesitation on returning.

I find it difficult to understand previous reviewers complaints about the welcome or food. Breakfast was exactly as requested, piping hot and cooked perfectly. My evening meal couldn't be faulted and was most definitely fresh produce. The welcome I received was as good as any hotel I have ever stayed in before, I cannot stand places where they give you a whole list of instructions and useless information. For me I need to know where my room is, breakfast and wifi code of which all three were given on arrival on a Sunday night at 2000hrs! I even got a personalised note to welcome me!

The room that I had was spotless, very warm and very spacious. One thing that I really liked was a lovely high pressure shower unlike some excuses that you find at other hotels.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Beaumont_11, Manager at Beaumont Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for your kind comments, greatly appreciated! Look forward to seeing you nest time.
louth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

After spending a night at this hotel last August (2013) after our wedding day and spending valentines night here (2014), I would strongly recommended this hotel to anyone, the friendly staff, the brilliant food with large portions, clean rooms and friendly staff, I would say this is one of the best hotels in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank richard g
Beaumont_11, General Manager at Beaumont Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for your kind comments, it was a pleasure to see you both again!
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Although comfortable, clean and tidy, customer service wasn't the best as I was greeted, told where my room was and that was it. I didn't feel very welcome and no breakfast was offered. I did eat breakfast which was actually very good (cooked by a chef). Dinner was horrendous, cooked (or heated up) by the owner. Could be a really lovely place to stay if a few changes were made.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mad3456
Beaumont_11, General Manager at Beaumont Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Almost speechless but not quite! When a guest arrives they are greeted and one of the first questions asked is if would they like breakfast, as our pricing structure is for room only and therefore if the guest had breakfast he must has been asked if he required it and at what time he wanted it, to have ordered it. The next piece of information given to EVERY guest is the door entry code of the day and the wifi password, in fact it is quite a lengthy welcome speech all told. Likewise if he dined then he would have been asked if he wanted to reserve a table and for what time. I don’t know anyone who dines in a restaurant, is not satisfied with the meal – eats it and pays for it and says nothing, if he was unhappy he should have said something at the time so that the issue could be addressed. Regarding the evening meal, I just say refer to other guests comments.
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

The hotel has a huge car park. The exterior of the hotel is impressive.We received a good welcome. The room was a good size with a good sized bathroom and comes with a power shower. Overall we were very comfortable and excellent value for money. We would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Thirstypaul
Beaumont_11, General Manager at Beaumont Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Thank you Paul, we look forward to seeing you next time you are in Louth!
Minehead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

Thank you to the Beaumont hotel, we were stuck for somewhere to stay just before Christmas after a really bad day, they found us 3 rooms at short notice and made us feel very welcome. Would highly recommend!

Many thanks
Stephen

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank stephen_twiss
Beaumont_11, General Manager at Beaumont Hotel, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Thank you Stephen, you were most welcome and we hope to see you again in the future.
Chester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed for just one Saturday night as we were visiting Louth for a family celebration and chose the hotel based solely on location.

We paid £58 booking on line for the last available room. When we arrived we were asked to settle the bill immediately and also whether we wanted breakfast next morning at an extra charge of £15 for the two of us. When we found out that it was served between 7.30 to 9am - and were told clearly that checkout was 10am we declined.

The Beaumont Hotel represents value for money and it provided clean albeit rather tired accommodation.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Chestertripper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Louth
Brackenborough Hotel
Premier Inn Cleethorpes Hotel
The Pack Horse
The Pack Horse
#16 of 18 in Louth

Been to Beaumont Hotel? Share your experiences!