“Peace and Comfort”
Review of Beaumont Hotel

Beaumont Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Louth
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is a lovely hotel in the suburbs of a lovely market town. It was my first visit, only for one night alas, but I shall definitely return. I was warmly welcomed by the proprietress who apologised that my Single Room was on the small side - actually, it wasn't. Everything was spotless.

Breakfast (at supplementary cost) was as ample (and good) as one might wish, served in a lovely, sunny and uncrowded room. Sadly, I didn't get the chance to eat in the Terrace Restaurant (closed due to "lack of demand in these financially-straightened times" - such a pity.)

Being just off the centre of Louth, this hotel benefits from peaceful surroundings. The quality of sleep and comfort was A1.

Room Tip: I was in Room 6, ground floor, directly opposite Breakfast Room. It's more than adequately sized...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Beaumont_11, Manager at Beaumont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Thank you for your kind comments David. It is always appreciated when guests take the time and trouble to leave positive feedback. I too hope to see you sometime in the future, should you return to Louth. Thank you.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We were amazed at the size of our room (The Tennyson) and the comfort of the bed. The welcome was warm and informative, with a written code included for the WiFi and door entry.(Good for those with a poor memory!) There was some problems with iPad WiFi access, but it was possible with moving nearer the door. The tea and coffee making facilities were good -extra provided without any problem, including fresh milk. Breakfast was superb, cereal etc, then full English or any combination cooked to order. The restaurant is not open in the evenings, but the Woolpack pub is 5 minutes walk away and provides great English pub grub (including chicken in a basket!).

Room Tip: We were at the front, but road noise was no problem. The suite was enormous!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Beaumont_11, Manager at Beaumont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you Dr Peter. Your comments are much appreciated and informative for future guests. We hope to see you sometime in the future

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Our stay at the Beaumont was booked as a last minute getaway. On arrival we found a warm welcome. Our room was very comfortable and we both had a very good nights sleep, as the hotel is situated in a very nice quite residential area. Although we didn't dine at the hotel, we did have a drink in the bar, where we received good friendly service. The breakfast room was light and welcoming, the staff were very friendly and the service very good. The breakfast was very big and good value it's worth paying the extra, as this is not included in the room price, but it is very good. We will certainly recommend to friends and would stay here again most definitely.

Room Tip: We had the Abbey suite. Very large and comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Beaumont_11, Manager at Beaumont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Thank you, I hope you choose us if you come to Louth in the future.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Been before.Booked last minute for 2 nights away to Visit Magical Louth.Its the perfect base from beginning to end.Tina runs it in an impeccable manner and is the perfect hostess.Hard to find a fault.Thankyou.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Beaumont_11, Manager at Beaumont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you so much for your kind comments, look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

My wife and I who were visiting from Australia stayed here for 1 night on valentines day. We booked on short notice and chose this hotel as it was convenient for visiting family which is why we were in Louth. What a find, this is a great, well run hotel with friendly owners/staff and great food. The lady (owner) at the front desk was very welcoming and asked us if we would be dining at the hotel that evening. We said we would and gave an approximate time. I asked what time the bar opened in the evenings and was told 5.30pm (which was fine with me but the lady owner kindly offered to open early for me if I wanted a drink earlier then that). The rooms are large and tastefully decorated. The bed was very comfortable ensuring a good nights sleep. We had a drink in the cosy bar before dinner where our orders were taken for dinner. When the time came we were escorted into the dining room for our meal. My meal of salmon was fantastic, cooked to perfection. my wife had scampi and chips which she said was very nice. It was quite busy being valentines night but the service did not suffer as a result. After a great nights sleep we had a cooked breakfast which again I could not fault. This was an unexpected little gem of a hotel and we will definitely stay here next time we are in Louth. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Louth.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PAD502014
Beaumont_11, Manager at Beaumont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you! I hope should you visit Louth again in the future you will choose the Beaumont.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Beaumont and would have no hesitation on returning.

I find it difficult to understand previous reviewers complaints about the welcome or food. Breakfast was exactly as requested, piping hot and cooked perfectly. My evening meal couldn't be faulted and was most definitely fresh produce. The welcome I received was as good as any hotel I have ever stayed in before, I cannot stand places where they give you a whole list of instructions and useless information. For me I need to know where my room is, breakfast and wifi code of which all three were given on arrival on a Sunday night at 2000hrs! I even got a personalised note to welcome me!

The room that I had was spotless, very warm and very spacious. One thing that I really liked was a lovely high pressure shower unlike some excuses that you find at other hotels.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Beaumont_11, Manager at Beaumont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thank you for your kind comments, greatly appreciated! Look forward to seeing you nest time.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

After spending a night at this hotel last August (2013) after our wedding day and spending valentines night here (2014), I would strongly recommended this hotel to anyone, the friendly staff, the brilliant food with large portions, clean rooms and friendly staff, I would say this is one of the best hotels in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank richard g
Beaumont_11, General Manager at Beaumont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for your kind comments, it was a pleasure to see you both again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Louth
Brackenborough Hotel
#4 of 19 in Louth
Manby house
Manby house
#5 of 13 in Louth

Been to Beaumont Hotel? Share your experiences!