“Impressive one night stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brackenborough Hotel

Brackenborough Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Louth
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Impressive one night stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Arrived late, made to feel very welcome at once. Easy book in and when we got up to the room it was far more luxurious than we thought we had booked. Big room, four post bed, whacking great big TV and a spa bath with TV as well. Saw Man Utd whilst having a bath for the first time. Had a bit of a look round but were too tired to take advantage of what looked to be really nice bars and restaurants. Very nice night's sleep, warm room which cooled nicely to sleep in. Breakfast in the morning was very nice, and included in the price, another pleasant surprise. Booking out was also very nice, interested sounding young lady on the desk, asking if we had a good stay and politely asking what we were up here for and what we were about to do. Overall very good, would recommend it to anyone

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
saints42york, General Manager at Brackenborough Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Hello, its lovely to hear that you enjoyed your experience at the Brackenborough, and we look forward to you returning in the near future,

Kindest of regards,

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

We visited recently for valentines weekend as this hotel has been somewhere which we have visited to celebrate special occasions on several times and have never been disappointed until this visit! There can be no argument that this hotel is very nice, the staff are all very polite and the food served is very good but the service does not come anywhere near to maintaining this standard. You shouldnt be left stood at the bar watching others customers being seated at their tables who have arrived after you and eventually only be seated yourself after a 15 minute wait and only after asking to do so! You shouldnt have to ask for a wine list 10 minutes after being seated at the table and only receive the wine list when the starters have arrived because youve then had to ask again! You certainly shouldnt have the exact same thing happen when you ask for a jug of water and only recieve that after 15 minutes because youve again reminded them that you asked for one 10 minutes ago! You shouldnt have to sit at a cluttered table of used cutlery and plates and have to ask for them to be cleared on more than one occasion!!! All round very disappointing service which went some way to spoiling an evening we had been very much looking forward to. On checking out i expressed my concerns about how bad the service was at which point the receptionist took our phone number and said the manager would call the following day to discuss this with us as we had payed over £200 for our visit and expected better. I waited a week to see if the manager would contact me which he never so instead i decided i would email him which was 4 days ago now and ive still not heard anything. For me the standards of a hotels staff should be set my the management and it is clear to see why the service standards are lacking so badly as this seems to have started at the top and has worked its way down throughout the rest of the staff! It is with regret that this hotel will no longer be an option for us to visit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for your feedback, could I kindly ask you to call me on 01507 609169, to discuss your comments further,

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I wouldn't expect to wait 1h30 minutes to receive room service food in any hotel, I would also not expect to have to chase it and find out the chef and receptionist have waited until I called to ask how I wanted my steak cooking. I was also yet again disappointed to be brought a rump steak when I'd ordered Rib Eye as they'd run out. Then trying to charge me for a Rib Eye and a Rump steak on my departure just rubbed salt in the wound!

Whilst the food was lovely, the service in the restaurant also left myself and my collegue cold too - 15 minutes to seat us in a pretty much empty restaurant then a further 35 minutes to take our order when there were only 3 other tables occupied.

I'd also check which room they're going to put you in - mine was directly over reception / bar / mens toilet so I had the lovely sounds of music, people laughing and hand driers whilst trying to get to sleep - phoned reception to fix the problem, was told I'd be rung back and wasn't, so no resolution!

The only saving grace was the night porter, who was very quick, efficient and friendly - his co-workers could learn a thing or two from him.

Room Tip: Make sure they put you in a room away from the reception, toilets, bar and restaurant areas as the n...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JimO1979
saints42york, General Manager at Brackenborough Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Mr Ollier,

Thank you for your review, could I kindly ask you to call me on 01507 609169 to discuss your comments further,

Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Just left the Brackenborough and I have to say we had a wonderful Sunday lunch. Lovely atmosphere and superb food. A live pianist, attentive but not obtrusive, pleasant staff and a beautiful dining room made for an extremely nice lunch. Would recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback on TA, we are delighted that we delivered to your expectations and hope that we can welcome you back to the Brackenborough very soon,

Kindest of Regards,

Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We spent a pleasant weekend here in January 2014. We were celebrating a birthday and the staff even gave us a card! It was these small attentions to detail that really made our stay special. As always the food was of an excellent standard with a great level of service. Our room was clean and comfortable and the value for money was exceptional, £99 for three course bed and breakfast with wine. We highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
What a lovely review, thank you very much, your feedback has been read by all involved and is much appreciated, we look forward to seeing you again soon,

Kindest of Regards,

Nick KIlmartin,
Louth Lincolnshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

\we took advantage of the coupon for 2 for 1in the local evening paper and came for Sunday lunch with friends. We just had the starters and main course and both were excellent, extremely tasty and even without the discount was very good value fro mone. All staff really pleasant and service was first class

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It's very pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your Sunday lunch at the Brackenborough, the recent offer that we ran has proved very popular and has already resulted in a lot of return business, we very much hope that you too will be returning shortly, many thanks,

Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I travel alot with work and stay at many hotels in my days away from home, which can be quite lonely and rarely do I come across a hotel where you find staff that are so personal.
The hotel is nice, beautiful building with a modern interior.
Room was nice and spacious. The bistro served the most amazing food. It's nice to be able to eat scrumptious, belly filling home cooked food.
It is nice to stay away from home to be welcomed by friendly and warm hearted people. The manager was very helpful in trying to sort my work laptop out when I couldn't get signed onto the Internet. However with his help I was able to log into it long enough to get what I needed done.
I would recommend this hotel, be it business or a nice weekend away. Definitely will be coming back here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
saints42york, General Manager at Brackenborough Hotel, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Thank you for your very kind words regarding your whole experience, we always strive to exceed guests expectations with a "can do" attitude, and on this occasion I believed we delivered, yourcomments have been read by the team and we are most grateful, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Brackenborough,

Kindest of regards,

General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Louth
BEST WESTERN Kenwick Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Branston
Petwood Hotel
Petwood Hotel
#2 of 4 in Woodhall Spa

Been to Brackenborough Hotel? Share your experiences!