“Good Food, Average Hotel”

Brackenborough Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Louth
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed for 1 night whilst working locally, booked a family room as this was the only room available when booking.
Staff were very friendly throughout my stay and the hotel was warm and welcoming.
My room was spacious but a little dated, especially the bathroom. No wardrobe, just a rail for hanging clothes.
Wifi was good and fast, allowed me to watch SkyGo without any issues which tends to be rare in a lot of hotels.
I ate in the bar area, the food was good but I felt was a little overpriced and I have had food just as good but cheaper.
Breakfast was brought to the table, but was clearly kept warm in the kitchen and simply served to the table as bacon was dry, beans and hash brown luke warm.
No major issues and no better or worse than many hotels I have stayed at.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bsnsjone
saints42york, General Manager at Brackenborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback, here at the brackenborough we use all feedback as a tool to hopefully enhance the product, your comments have been discussed internally and actioned wherever needed, we hope that we see you return soon,

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We just spent a night back at the brackenborough hotel after a previous visit in November. What a difference a few months make. Last time it was so please not and relaxing this time it seemed everyone was rushed and didn't have time to pay proper attention. Little touches seemed to be missing this time, ie. no tissues in the room (which I tend to use to remove make-up) even though we mentioned a couple of times we were there for my daughter-in-laws 21st not one birthday wish (my husband even got a card on his.
There were mistakes made a couple of times whilst we were dining, wrong food brought on starters, which left other food sat on table going cold whilst wrong food was corrected. Long time between first two mains and last two mains arriving. Then at dessert I asked for a clean spoon as the one on the table was dirty, I'm still waiting. It just seemed very chaotic, and not as chilled out as our last visit, then to top it all we were overcharged, good job I checked the bill when Igot home as my husband hadn't noticed. Was just dissapointed for my daughter-in-law as she had never stayed in a hotel before and we had really bigged it up how great it was here.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank bossett

Thank you for your feedback, coiuld I kindly ask you to call me on 01507 609169, to discuss your comments further,

Reviewed 16 March 2014

The staff were friendly and very attentive, big thanks to Adelle in reception, Jamie in the restaurant and Michael behind the bar. Hotel and room was amaculate and stunning, food delicious and will most definitely be staying again

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello and what a lovely review and we sincerly thank you for that, your comments have been read by all concerened and we look forward to welcoming you back here in the future,

Kindest of Regards,

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Everyone at this hotel is very friendly and make you feel very welcome. I stayed 4 nights on my own and every meal I had was delicious and excellent value for money. The room was lovely and very clean, with a full compliment of drinks and biscuits.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your fantastice feedback we are delighted that we delivered to your needs and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Brackenborough,

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Arrived late, made to feel very welcome at once. Easy book in and when we got up to the room it was far more luxurious than we thought we had booked. Big room, four post bed, whacking great big TV and a spa bath with TV as well. Saw Man Utd whilst having a bath for the first time. Had a bit of a look round but were too tired to take advantage of what looked to be really nice bars and restaurants. Very nice night's sleep, warm room which cooled nicely to sleep in. Breakfast in the morning was very nice, and included in the price, another pleasant surprise. Booking out was also very nice, interested sounding young lady on the desk, asking if we had a good stay and politely asking what we were up here for and what we were about to do. Overall very good, would recommend it to anyone

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Hello, its lovely to hear that you enjoyed your experience at the Brackenborough, and we look forward to you returning in the near future,

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We visited recently for valentines weekend as this hotel has been somewhere which we have visited to celebrate special occasions on several times and have never been disappointed until this visit! There can be no argument that this hotel is very nice, the staff are all very polite and the food served is very good but the service does not come anywhere near to maintaining this standard. You shouldnt be left stood at the bar watching others customers being seated at their tables who have arrived after you and eventually only be seated yourself after a 15 minute wait and only after asking to do so! You shouldnt have to ask for a wine list 10 minutes after being seated at the table and only receive the wine list when the starters have arrived because youve then had to ask again! You certainly shouldnt have the exact same thing happen when you ask for a jug of water and only recieve that after 15 minutes because youve again reminded them that you asked for one 10 minutes ago! You shouldnt have to sit at a cluttered table of used cutlery and plates and have to ask for them to be cleared on more than one occasion!!! All round very disappointing service which went some way to spoiling an evening we had been very much looking forward to. On checking out i expressed my concerns about how bad the service was at which point the receptionist took our phone number and said the manager would call the following day to discuss this with us as we had payed over £200 for our visit and expected better. I waited a week to see if the manager would contact me which he never so instead i decided i would email him which was 4 days ago now and ive still not heard anything. For me the standards of a hotels staff should be set my the management and it is clear to see why the service standards are lacking so badly as this seems to have started at the top and has worked its way down throughout the rest of the staff! It is with regret that this hotel will no longer be an option for us to visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your feedback, could I kindly ask you to call me on 01507 609169, to discuss your comments further,

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I wouldn't expect to wait 1h30 minutes to receive room service food in any hotel, I would also not expect to have to chase it and find out the chef and receptionist have waited until I called to ask how I wanted my steak cooking. I was also yet again disappointed to be brought a rump steak when I'd ordered Rib Eye as they'd run out. Then trying to charge me for a Rib Eye and a Rump steak on my departure just rubbed salt in the wound!

Whilst the food was lovely, the service in the restaurant also left myself and my collegue cold too - 15 minutes to seat us in a pretty much empty restaurant then a further 35 minutes to take our order when there were only 3 other tables occupied.

I'd also check which room they're going to put you in - mine was directly over reception / bar / mens toilet so I had the lovely sounds of music, people laughing and hand driers whilst trying to get to sleep - phoned reception to fix the problem, was told I'd be rung back and wasn't, so no resolution!

The only saving grace was the night porter, who was very quick, efficient and friendly - his co-workers could learn a thing or two from him.

Room Tip: Make sure they put you in a room away from the reception, toilets, bar and restaurant areas as the n...