“Excellent food and service”

Brackenborough Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Louth
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Haven't been for a while but came tonight with old friends , food was excellent, service was superb and the restaurant manager Jamie was friendly professional and attentive would certainly recommend . I have a bed and breakfast at Stewton and are always asked where to go for a good meal the Brackenborough will be recommended thankyou for making us welcome

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
MsLPike, Guest Relations Manager at Brackenborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Hi Alan

Many thanks for your review of your dining experience with us. I will be passing on your feedback to Jamie and the team, and I hope we see you again soon in our Bistro.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Enjoyed a fantastic over night stay here recently. The meal was lovely and the service was excellent, particularly from restuarant manager - Jamie, who was brilliant! Would recommend this hotel and will be returning for sure :-)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
MsLPike, Guest Relations Manager at Brackenborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Hi Mel

What a lovely review - many thanks for taking the time to do so. This will be passed on to Jamie and the team, as they constantly work very hard to ensure each and every guest has an enjoyable experience with us.

I hope we do indeed see you again sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

travelled up the day before the wedding of a relative and stayed overnight. beautiful hotel,good food, friendly and helpful staff. Ideal venue for a wedding reception. the meal on the friday night was perfect. The menu varied with complimentary extras. Very good.
the waiting staff were good in the main. I felt a little training on how to handle drinks glasses and cups could be more hygienically improved! apart from this we had a very good stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
MsLPike, Public Relations Manager at Brackenborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Hi Alicia

Many thanks for your detailed review of our hotel; I'm delighted you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. Many thanks for raising the issue re: the glasses/crockery - this has been passed to our Food & Beverage Manager so that we can revisit our front-of-house training to maintain the high standards that we expect from all of our staff.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

It Was The First Time I Have Been Here. The Meal Was Excellent. Ryan And All The Staff Was Friendly That Is What I Call A Service With A Smile. I Would Recommend Brackenborough To All My Friends. We Have Already Decided To Come Back Next Month Mary's Birthday.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

I am thrilled to hear that your first visit to us was a great one; this is as much as we can hope for when anyone chooses to visit our establishment. Thank you so much for your review - I will be passing on your kind comments to Ryan and the rest of the team, and I hope your next visit to us is just as good...if not better!

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Have been for a meal this evening for a 21st birthday. The food was excellent and our waiter Ryan was lovely. We have been a few times now and haven't had a bad meal once. They also treated us to a free desert for the birthday boy which was a nice touch.Very much recommended!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Elli

Many thanks for your review. I'm glad you and your party enjoyed the birthday meal - we always try to go the extra mile where possible! I'll be sure to pass on your comments to Ryan and the rest of the team, and hope you all choose to dine with us again sometime soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I have had recently a number of different business visits to the hotel with several different organisations.
On each occasion I have been extremely impressed with every thing the hotel has to offer, friendly professional staff, a classy and business friendly layout and just superb service. I would highly recommend the hotel. I am looking forward very much to visiting the restaurant soon with friends.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
MsLPike, Guest Relations Manager at Brackenborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Hi James B

Many thanks for taking time out to write a review of the hotel - all feedback is relayed back to the team too. I'm delighted you've found us to be of a consistently high standard across the board, and hopefully you will find the same when you visit us again!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My wife & I stayed here for two nights to celebrate our 10th anniversary.Our room was lovely and the food was very good indeed.The service however is very slow! Plenty of staff but none of them seem to know what they are doing.Breakfast on our final morning was shocking!I have to assume it wasn't the same chef who cooked the lovely dinners we ate?My wife had an omlette which arrived almost black and it was like cutting cardboard! Three times we had to ask for toast and waited half an hour for it to arrive.Finally my Kedgeree was supposed to be topped with a poached egg.When it turned up it looked like it had been in the pan for the same time it takes for the toast to arrive.I sent it back and the replacement arrived with no yolk and looked like it was still made of rubber!Real shame as the food at night was very good.They do need to get their act together on the service though.Would we go back, probably not.

Hi Meeks07

Firstly, thank you for the time taken to write a detailed review - all feedback is appreciated so that we can move forward. However, I am sorry to learn of your disappointing experience as far as certain elements were concerned. I would be more than happy to discuss your stay in more detail with you, if you could be so kind as to give me a call on 01507 609169.

Kindest regards

Customer Care Liaison

Also consider these accommodations in or near Louth
Best Western Plus Kenwick Park Hotel
Petwood Hotel
Petwood Hotel
#2 of 4 in Woodhall Spa
Washingborough Hall Country House Hotel

Been to Brackenborough Hotel? Share your experiences!