“Best little place in the world”

The Forbidden Corner
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Middleham
Banbury, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best little place in the world”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had a great time exploring The Forbidden Corner, there is a lot to see, hear and get a surprise splash from around every corner. You can go around the gardens all day and still find little things you missed before. We really enjoyed our day and plan to go back again next year and take more people. Only minor gripe is the miserable and rude young girl that served us, for the money you pay in the café you expect service with a smile at least, but other then that it was an amazing day out.

Tyneside
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Despite the weather!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We also visited on the 10th despite the horrendous weather and had a great time. We were a family with 2 children (13 and 8). Thankfully we wore wellies and we're prepared for the weather. The attraction was well laid out and left you investigating all corners. Staff were really helpful and seen to be walking around different parts of the maze and park. I did not find it to be too busy however we arrived at ten o clock as this was our slot. I think that the nTure of some of the corridors and caves could easily feel like you were crowded and there were light hearted signs warning people not to linger and crowd.

With regard to a previous comment focussing upon the mausoleum, there are two signs outside to the right. One outlines the story and the other gives a very clear warning for anyone with anxiety etc and specifically for parents to consider if it is appropriate for their children.

All in all for the £38 for four of us, we had a great day despite getting soaked (not all down to the weather). Can't comment on the restaurant as we had a picnic.

1 Thank hobitess
South Shields, England
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“An experience like no other”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

If you want to feel like you have been let in on the most fantastic secret and return to childhood this is the place for you. Amazing secrets round every corner which I shan't reveal as it wil ruin it for you. Even the toilets in the car park are amazing. Well worth the fee!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Seafret1412
York, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Okay”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The day our was okay, however, the mausoleum was really not suitable for children (our children being 10 and 6 yrs old). Definitely should have had a warning on it especially the mirror area......made me think of the film The Ring.....not great for children! The rest of it was intriguing and the gardens were ver pretty.

2 Thank Paul B
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“As good as I remembered”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Having been about 15 years ago as a child (I'm now in my mid twenties and still loved it) I had always wanted to come back... I was not disappointed. My sat nav was less than helpful but we managed to find it easy enough. My friend who had travelled quite away really enjoyed it and will be coming back with others in tow. I like how you had to link around through tunnels never quite ended up in the same place. A really good, reasonably priced afternoon out.