“Brilliant place”

The Forbidden Corner
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Middleham
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Everything was fantastic! Therr is a lot going on and i think requires more than one visit will certainly be returning

Write a ReviewReviews (2,741)
All reviews
in 43 reviews
"any age"
in 34 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited with our two girls (aged 6 and 7) having booked at 10am slot and after receiving our 'map' we were quickly inside and learning that his place is bonkers in a brilliant way.
We all loved looking for the items on the map, all the hidden surprises and getting lost - a lot.
There is so much to see, find, explore and experience. The beauty of the place is in discovering its secrets and surprises so I don't want to give to much away.
We made a point of exploring areas having left a gap between those in front of us so they didn't (unintentionally) spoil any surprises.
There is quite a lot of walking, squeezing and some stairs and stepping stones involved so that needs to be considered for prams and wheelchairs.
We took a picnic and enjoyed the designated picnic area near the car park.
We were there for 4 hours but could have spent longer if we didn't have to get back for another commitment.
Fantastic place, very different to anything we've done before and strongly recommended.

1  Thank joeysel
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wonderful adventure from start to finish!

All 3 generations of my family loved it when we spent about 4 hours here. Prepare to get lost in the labyrinth-esque grounds, with epic surprises all around.

Seriously a fun way to enjoy being confused and lost!

Hints n tips: there are a LOT of verrrry narrow corridors, steep stairs and other tricky to navigate parts. Babies in baby carriers will make it extremely challenging and prams have no chance. Same for those with dodgy knees etc.

Some parts are DARK and creepy. Young kids will freak! My usually tough 6 year old got a fright and cried, so be warned! There may be tears. It’s a very haunted house style vibe.

1  Thank Roop C
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is literally the best place in the world. I'm a 25 year old man and I had the time of my life here. I can't wait to have kids so I can bring them here (as an excuse for me to go back!). As that kid off the Visit Blackpool ad says "I'm having a whale of a time!"

But seriously though, this place is amazing.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Well what a lovely and delightful place the forbidden corner is. We drove from Sheffield and got there at 11 and didn’t leave until 4!! It was exactly what it said on the tin and we were on a mini adventure all day. The facilities were excellent and reasonable. Would definitely recommend this place especially on a hot day because it kept you out of the sun! Wonderful!