“Wedding at Bolton Castle”
Review of Fairhursts Bistro - CLOSED

Fairhursts Bistro
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Guy and his team catered for our daughter and her Canadian fiancé's wedding at Bolton Castle. The food was superb, served efficiently from a cheerful friendly staff. The guests from England,France, Canada and Australia all commented on the wonderful meal. Thank you Guy.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Nice atmosphere in this small bistro first visit wasn't disappointed.
Plenty of food kept on coming and coming . Would of been a nice idea to have a menu of the foods on offer although they were tasty!
Waiting staff very helpful
Will return theme night or not. :)

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed for a week in Middleham and ate at Fairhursts twice. The first meal was a Greek meze theme night which included a large variety of dishes all of which were of excellent quality. The restaurant was full yet the service was calm and efficient.

The second meal was on a non-themed night with excellent service and quality food. Nice selection of wines accompanied the food. It is obvious the chef is really trying to introduce Middleham to some finer dining rather than pub-grub and deserves to succeed.

Will definitely return when we visit Middleham again.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I wish that I had not chosen a theme night for my first visit. The general consensus among my friends at the Greek Tapas night was that a menu, explaining what was going to be served, would have greatly enhanced and improved our enjoyment of the evening. The food was generally good although not many of us liked the lamb casserole and the texture of the baklava was hard.
That said there was plenty to eat and certainly no one left feeling hungry. The ambiance was good and the waitress delightful and very helpful. Good value for money.

2  Thank discerningdiner511
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I can't rate this highly enough, would give 10 stars if I could. The menu is set at 2 courses for £20, starter and main, choice of 4 lovely sounding dishes for each course. It is excellent value, the food is out of this world, better than I've had in restaurants at twice this price. Very friendly relaxed service which you don't always get with such high end food. The food was beautifully presented, I wish I'd taken a photo, and the taste combinations were spot on. The trio of salmon starter was delightful, as was the rack and black (lamb + black pudding) served with possibly the best red wine sauce I've ever tasted. The restaurant is hidden away in the local community center, but I'd urge you to seek it out, and book ahead (its only open thurs/fri/sat). Sides are extra (£3 each) and the wine selection is excellent. The chef had a chat with us after our meal and all the diners told him the same thing: this is some of the best food we've ever had!

2  Thank Epheses