We stayed 3 nights in this ancient National Trust house which is only open by appointment with the tenants who run a B&B business as well as a farm and a self catering apartment and gave us a warm welcome. Our room although billed as a standard double was enormous with sloping floors and small ensuite shower room added in the corner. It was carefully furnished to match the age of the house although there were no drawers other than two thin ones on the dressing table. A small box of locally made chocolates was a nice touch on the tea tray. The robes were rather old and nylon but I had not expected them in a B&B. We could watch the sheep grazing on the hillside from our bed. We had a good breakfast in a panelled dining room along with the other guests. Eggs straight from the hens outside and fresh fruit were excellent. Unless we walked the 1.8 miles each way into East Witton for the superb but expensive meals at the Blue Lion, driving was essential to get an evening meal. We had a huge good value meal at the Cover Bridge Inn a few miles away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Bed & Breakfast in a 17c Country house on a working hill farm in the picturesque Coverdale, One and half miles outside of East Witton. A spectacular Oak paneled King size four poster bedroom, also superior double bedroom both en-suite with surrounding views,twin room with private bathroom also available.Ideally located for touring the dales or quiet weekend trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Braithwaite Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Braithwaite Hall Hotel East Witton
- Braithwaite Hall East Witton, Yorkshire