Congratulations first of all on your well deserved accolade as Good Food Pub of The Year 2014..We like to go for lunch on a Saturday when we know can take our border terrier in the bar with us where she is most welcome and even gets a sausage sometimes ! We took two dogs this Saturday and received our usual warm welcome and impeccable service from all the staff. We opted to have the two course meal which is excellent value at£15.50. The meal was preceded with the usual warm home baked rolls and melba toast and white linen napiery , much appreciated and highly unusual when eating in a bar anywhere. We shared a duck terrine with warm brioche, mulled chutney and salad leaves.My husband had the duck confit with a bean cassoulet and I had the most delicious poached fish medley with samphire and creamy cheese mash. Yum yum. We finished off with a really good rhubarb and ginger cheesecake. Everything was hot , well cooked and extremely tasty. The other thing I like is that they serve a really light and refreshing rose in a 50cl carafe. I think The Blue Lion is head and shoulders above the normal pub environment although I appreciate this is reflected in the price and the extensive range of food on offer. Look forward to returning soon. PS The homemade pork pie and piccalilli is really good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the splendor of the Yorkshire Dales National Park and nestled in the heart of iconic Wensleydale the historic 18th century Blue Lion Inn encapsulates the finest elements of traditional rural England. Paul and Helen Klein have run the Blue Lion Inn for over 25 years creating a blend of quintessential English coaching inn with modern comfort to relax and recharge. Whatever you require of the Blue Lion, be it real ale and food at the bar to candlelit fine dining and beautiful accommodation you can be sure that your stay will be homely, welcoming and full of friendly character. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, LateRooms and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your The Blue Lion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Blue Lion Hotel East Witton
- Blue Lion East Witton
- Blue Lion Hotel East Witton
- The Blue Lion East Witton, Yorkshire