finally got to stay here after passing it dozens of times over the years, it's been on the "to do" list for some time.
Booked direct online and got a discount on the room....No1 is big enough, simply furnished with two large beds pushed together to make a huge one. Bathroom built into the original room is very modern, though obviously a bit narrow.....shower over bath, with White Company toiletries.
We had a drink in the great bar before dinner, and were only one of two couples in the atmospheric dining (and breakfast) room. Menu has a varied choice of meat and fish dishes....on the chalkboard in the bar "a vegetarian menu is also available" is added almost as an afterthought. Starters and mains were very good, but my wife's veg was cold...it came back too hot to eat! Bit of a blip, otherwise everything was fine. Quality breakfast. Friendly landlord and staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the splendor of the Yorkshire Dales National Park and nestled in the heart of iconic Wensleydale the historic 18th century Blue Lion Inn encapsulates the finest elements of traditional rural England. Paul and Helen Klein have run the Blue Lion Inn for over 25 years creating a blend of quintessential English coaching inn with modern comfort to relax and recharge. Whatever you require of the Blue Lion, be it real ale and food at the bar to candlelit fine dining and beautiful accommodation you can be sure that your stay will be homely, welcoming and full of friendly character. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Blue Lion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Blue Lion Hotel East Witton
- Blue Lion East Witton
- Blue Lion Hotel East Witton
- The Blue Lion East Witton, Yorkshire