Spent the weekend here, courtesy of my lovely wife. Exceptionally good overall, but one or two areas of potential improvement.
The food, pricey...but worth it. Top tip...live in ...very good inclusive deal!
Good bar prices...except the wine...very pricey...but again...for very good wine.
Accommodation...room clean and well decorated, excellent bedlinen (excepting slightly soft but high quality down pillows) , and quality toiletries.
Room 8 relatively quiet and restful until family( noisy child) crisis downstairs shattered the peace on night one (these things happen!) , second night blissful.....until 7.00 when the extractor fan in the main kitchen kicked in.
Service...exemplary...from every member of the team!
Will we return?
With a few tweaks...change of room? Try and stop us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the splendor of the Yorkshire Dales National Park and nestled in the heart of iconic Wensleydale the historic 18th century Blue Lion Inn encapsulates the finest elements of traditional rural England. Paul and Helen Klein have run the Blue Lion Inn for over 25 years creating a blend of quintessential English coaching inn with modern comfort to relax and recharge. Whatever you require of the Blue Lion, be it real ale and food at the bar to candlelit fine dining and beautiful accommodation you can be sure that your stay will be homely, welcoming and full of friendly character. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Blue Lion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Blue Lion Hotel East Witton
- Blue Lion East Witton
- Blue Lion Hotel East Witton
- The Blue Lion East Witton, Yorkshire