“Wonderful Holiday”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of High Winds

High Winds Cottage
Our open plan living area The kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
High Winds Cottage
Our open plan living area
The kitchen
The lounge area
The dining area
The master bedroom
The twin room
The bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

crackerja...
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Holiday”
Reviewed 2 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We booked our holiday a bit later than usual this year and could not believe somebody would allow our 4 dogs plus our hedgehog ! and at no extra cost.
What a wonderful little village with a couple of lovely tea rooms (cakes huge at Dottys - couldnt finish it) and a place called cobbles that did amazing home made fudge. The pub restaurants where dog friendly and homely atmosphere.
My daughter liked the arts and crafts shop the best.
Beach a few minutes walk
Perfect

3 Sep 2017
I am so glad you all enjoyed yourselves Sharon, I hope we'll see you back soon
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

14 Jul 2017
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay Tricia and thank you so much for your kind words! I hope it won't be too long before we see you back again :-)
Eva
PS the seagull chick is still causing havoc around Chapel Yard!
minordela...
“Great find!”
Reviewed 23 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

Just spent 3 very relaxing days in Staithes before the Christmas rush. My two children (2 & 5) loved the cottage and the location, just off the cobbled High St and on a slipway down to the sea. Cottage was clean & well equipped. Plenty of space for a family of four. Easy to book with Eva and clear information provided. Had a good pub lunch at Cod & Lobster and recommend friendly Dotty loves Vintage for coffee. Would recommend and will return to Staithes - so much to see on this part of the coast.

24 Dec 2016
Thank you so much for your lovely review Helen, I hope we'll see you back at High Winds again soon!
Sweennny
“Great find”
Reviewed 10 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

Great place , can't fault it , had a great stay apart from the weather , lovely village and people just as nice , Eva it's a credit to you , will be back

12 Nov 2016
I am so glad you liked the cottage and Staithes, and look forward to welcoming you back soon :-)
Best wishes
evaporato...
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Perfect for us and our little terrors”
Reviewed 9 September 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

Taken me a while to get around to writing this, Sorry Eva, better late than never. This is the third time we have stayed in Staithes and it has become very addictive and the place we always compare other places to. However everywhere seems to always come up short.
High Winds gave us everything we could have wished for. Including a welcome for our two little schnauzers. Not everyone will consider two dogs, even miniature ones so we are very grateful to Eva for being so welcoming. They absolutely loved it.
The cottage is very well equipped and I can't think of anything you would need.
It was July when we stayed so no need of the log burner but we are thinking of trying a winter break at some point so than would be very welcome.
The double bedroom is on the second floor with loads of space but remember to duck under the beam. fortunately not my side of the bed, ha.
High Winds is easily large enough for 4 people and is very well presented in a clean condition.
The cottage is situated right in the middle of the village so perfect for the beach and the pubs.
Eva lives close by and would be on hand to help should you need anything but left us to it as everything was just as we had hoped.
Thank you for a very nice stay and we are hoping to stay again before too long,

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
10 Sep 2016
Thank you so much for your lovely review Doug, I am so glad you liked High Winds. Hope to see you back before long for that winter break :-)
Shazza202
St Ives, United Kingdom
“Lovely cottage, will go again”
Reviewed 17 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We stayed at High Winds for 4 nights in May. The cottage is lovely, all the facilities you could need, the top floor bedroom is huge! Dogs are welcome which is great. The cottage is a couple of minutes walk from the small beach and there are 2 pubs close by, plus tea rooms.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
18 Jun 2016
Hi Sharon
I am so glad you all liked the cottage and Staithes. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Best wishes
VRGravil
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Wonderful cosy cottage. ”
Reviewed 1 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

It's the first time that me and my partner have visited Staithes. We had a brilliant time and loved that everything was dog friendly. The cottage was everything we had hoped it would be for our few days away with the dog. The cottage is in the heart of the village, perfect for a nice stroll along the beach or quick bite to eat. The living area is open plan and I loved being able to chat to my partner while being in the kitchen. The master bedroom is a great size. I took my dressing gown expecting to be cold but I did not need to use it, the cottage was so nice and warm considering the pretty bad weather we had during our visit. There is much to do in and around Staithes. It was especially nice that a folder in the cottage contained all this information. It left me wanting more. I hope to visit again in the near future and would absolutely stay in High Winds again.

2 Apr 2016
Thank you so much for your kind words Vicky, I'm so glad you both had a such a good time. Hope to see you again soon, either at High Winds or our newly acquired Lahney Cottage :-)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing