“Wrong place - right time!”
Review of Captain Cook Inn

Captain Cook Inn
Ranked #6 of 11 Restaurants in Staithes
Reviewed 5 October 2017

I booked this hotel thinking I was booking a hotel in Saltburn-by the-sea (my fault), I thought they were one and the same place when in fact they are about 8 miles apart. When we finally arrived at the correct destination we were happy to find that it was a nice, friendly place and the room was very nice. We dropped our bags off and went to have a look around Staithes which we thought was lovely, very quaint. The weather was terrible and everyone was taking shelter in the few pubs and restaurants that are there so they were all packed out and it was hard to get any service but understandable in the circumstances. We were served an amazingly lovely breakfast the next morning, honestly, one of the nicest I have had for a very long time, and the breakfast lady was lovely.

1  Thank Trish36

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We walked to Staithes via the coast path, over the Bank Holiday weekend. It was time for lunch, and we found all the eating places in the village were bursting at the seams, so we walked up the hill, in the hope of finding somewhere else. The Captain Cook Inn was only moderately busy, so we decided to give it a try.
What can I say? Excellent real ales, pleasant environment, and staff, and to top it all - excellent quality food at very reasonable prices.
I won't be looking anywhere else next time I visit Staithes.

Clare M, Owner at Captain Cook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thank you for your lovely review, will see you again on your return visit.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Booked a table for 8 people including 3 young children. Service was friendly but felt sorry for the waitress taking our order who was alone and having to serve behind the bar too. She remained very pleasant and helpful despite being very busy indeed. All meals were lovely with good size portions and quality. Service by the two young girls delivering the dishes was also friendly and efficient and although a dish was slightly incorrect they rectified it immediately with no hesitation or fuss at all. Beer was good also. Reasonably priced and overall a good experience. Worth a visit.

3  Thank terrynev
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Great value rooms, one of the few hotels we found that actually had proper family rooms with beds for the kids, instead of z beds. Good choices for breakfast and the bar food is very good. Friendly and helpful staff. All you need for a family friendly holiday.

1  Thank Charlie C
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Beer and staff were good and definitely dog friendly. Food was average. I had the coconut and kidney bean curry which if I'd made at home I would have binned. Possibly a poor choice. Basic pub grub, reasonably priced.

1  Thank Sally W