Just had a fantastic summer weekend at The Fauconberg Arms. On Friday night our family and several friends converged at the pub to enjoy a fabulous evening of Theatre and food. This entrepreneurial family combine their main skills as fine hosts and foodies, with dramatic flair by liaising with local theatre companies to deliver a magnificent programme of theatre, arts and entertainment. On friday night the ever growing reputation of Simon and Helen's empire attracted another 5 star Edinburgh Fringe award show ''The Bridge That Tom Built'' by Dominic Allen. A sold out audience gave the first ever standing ovation to a play in the pub that we have seen.A simply fantastic show. Prior to the show, our family friends enjoyed a superb ''Chatter Platter'' of superb food and nibbles. The innovation by pub is a great wy to dine out with friends over a few drinks and a lot of laughs, especially as part of such a theatrical evening. In our view this is also good value for money. The Fauconberg Arms has everything that is good about an English country pub. Great hosts, great ambience and great local food. For the landlords to diversify and collaborate so creatively shows vision, confidence and determination to maintain the pub at the centre of village life. This was enhanced again on Saturday with a great summer barbecue. Once again entertainment flourished to a packed garden audience, with 4 local bands and artists entraining us until nearly midnight. The pub family and staff once again pulled out all the stops, even in themed costumes, to provide an outstanding buffet and barbecued meats, and veggie options. This pub is buzzing and a great place to be. It is noted that the Fauconberg Arms is mentioned last week in the Yorkshire Post, The York Press and was recommended on Radio York. It does not surprise me that The Fauconberg Arms is nominated for Yorkshire Life Pub Of The Year. Good luck to them for this, they deserve this accolade. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wilson Family warmly welcomes you to The Fauconberg ArmsFamily pets, cosy country inn log fires, evenings of music, relaxing location, beautifully appointed guest rooms, local, fresh good quality food with a contemporary Fauconberg twist and a deep sense of historical roots. These are some of the ingredients that come together to create the enjoyable guest house experience that is The Fauconberg Arms in North Yorkshire.Our beautiful 17th century country inn is full of charm, character and history, and offers quality en-suite guest accommodation, first-rate food and entertainment...all set in the picturesque village of Coxwold amidst the rolling green countryside of the beautiful North Yorkshire Moors and National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, LateRooms, Traveltool, S.L.U., Book Direct Rooms, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Fauconberg Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fauconberg Arms Hotel Coxwold
- Fauconberg Arms Coxwold, Yorkshire - North Yorkshire