“Lovely meal”

Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Coxwold
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Decided to have our last meal of our holiday in Yorkshire in the Fauconbertg, having visited this pretty village earlier in the week. We were not disappointed with the service or the food. My mum is visiting from Western Australia and we have eaten in numerous pubs restuaurants during her stay and this one of the nicest. She is doing a one-woman survey and has the fish & chips in most places she eats & she said this was up there with the best. My partner and I are veggies and we couldn't fault the brie and butter bean pie, served with chips and vegetables (we even enjoyed the pickled cabbage). Our friend had the beef burger which she said was very nice as well. The lady behind the bar and the waiter were both friendly; all in all a very good pub meal!

There are newer reviews for The Fauconberg Arms Restaurant

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

I was taken here as a birthday treat and loved the atmosphere this little pub has. Our room looked recently refurbished and the bed was comfy, spotted a few cobwebs but I can live with that. It is a pet friendly pub too, theres a cat and dog milling around the place but that's not an issue for me as i love both! The outside garden area is ready for a bit of a make over, but its still a nice place to sit out.
We ate here at night. We ordered fillet steak, it was huge and absolutely delicious. The service was a bit slow, we sat down at our table about 7.30pm but didn't eat until nearly 9pm, but the food made up for the wait we had. We also had quite wait at breakfast time, the service is a little slow.
We were in the Pinkerspond room and we retired after our huge meal. Unfortunately for us a party kicked off in the function room directly under our room at 10pm until 11.30pm. The music was so loud it vibrated our bed and it was like we were on the dance floor. This really spoilt it for us. We came away for a nice peaceful night away in a sleepy village and we were kept awake until nearly midnight by a party. My partner did complain just after 11 because it was so loud, and it did get turned down slightly. I think the Fauconberg Arms should notify guests who are staying if there will be a party on before booking. We paid £105 for one night of peace and quiet and it was ruined.
Overall though, it's a nice little pub in a sweet little village, I think we were just a bit unlucky to go during party season.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Super Duper Food at The Fauconberg Arms!! We live 20 minutes away, have closer pubs/restaurants to us than the Fauconberg, but we rate this as our local! Its not like other places where the 'special' is always the same! Every time we go there we are able to pick something different off the menu which is always really nice. Whether you are a regular or just passing, its a great place to go, to eat good hearty food, a great wine list and always friendly staff...

Reviewed 31 August 2013

I'm local to the area, and have been here a few times the food is of a high standard, specials in particular! however the best thing about the place is the friendliness of the staff, and their welcoming attitude. it is a country pub and i couldn't ask for much more, being able to bring the dogs in was an added bonus! I'll be going back frequently i'd imagine.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

My overall score for this place may be misleading but is due mainly to the fact that they only had one vegetarian dish on offer (veggie burger) and when we ordered it they didn't have any on stock. I really don't think that this is acceptable in this day and age. Having said this the kitchen happily prepared a veggie frittata for my friend but maybe they should advertise that they're happy to prepare vegetarian dishes to order? Food was great but service very slow unfortunately.