“Fabulous food”

Hooked Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Alnmouth
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, British
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Offering a menu that changes with the seasons and comprises the very best produce all freshly cooked to order, chef David and his family look forward to welcoming you to Hooked situated on the main street in the lovely coastal village of Alnmouth. Check our website where you can book online and find the most up-to-date information regarding opening times and menu or visit us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, views and photographs.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We booked Hooked restaurant after reading the very good reviews. We were looking for a coastal restaurant local where we could visit for the afternoon. The staff were brilliant and very accommodating. The restaurant very clean and tidy but best of all the food was delicious and very tasty. A little more pricey than I would normally pay but well worth it. We will definitely be visiting again! Need to borrow the chef for our France visit next month, he definitely gives his menu the French touch

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This chef was trained in France and certainly knows how to cook.
We went twice during the week we stayed in Alnmouth, and his food was the best Fillet Steak I have ever had and my husband was delighted with the Rack of Lamb. The second time I had Monkfish which I have never had before but will again, my husband stuck with the rack of lamb as he loved it.
The chef even got us some spanish wine in as requested, very accommodating!!

1  Thank Patricia J
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is my second time dining at Hooked and once again, it didn't disappoint. Service was warm and friendly and Chris (the owner) was there on hand to welcome us when we arrived. We were a table of 6 and the food was all excellent - not a single complaint for any of us. Look forward to the next visit the next time I'm in Alnmouth. Keep up the great work :)
Must apologise though to the table seated next to us who asked to move tables due to our noise level...think we were a little excitable.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Food really quite good. Mussels big and tasty in nice sauce. Craster pate not very exciting. Sea bass and monkfish for main course both which were very good! Sumer fruit meringue very nice. Orange and chocolate pancakes disappointing-expected something along the lines of a crepe suzette with some dark chocolate sauce-actually pancakes with orange segment wrapped in them! Meal slightly spoilt by 2 tables next to us complaining about the very slow service and food not coming out at the same time-ended up with waitresses knocking money off and much discussion and tooing and froing to the kitchens. Made for rather awkward atmosphere as only small place. Chef/owner should have come out to personally explain/apologise rather than leaving it to 2 young waitresses ,whom I felt quite sorry for. Need some changes here as can't imagine this is the first time this has happened? I think we arrived at just the right time and ordered well as our service was slowish but we were not in a hurry ! Nice overall but marred by few things and would seriously worry about food coming out together and long waits.

4  Thank Simeon R
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I say surprisingly because this is a tiny little restaurant attached to the B&B I was staying at. I did not expect it to be as lovely as it was. The waiting staff were helpful, friendly and efficient. I had the steak pie which was delicious. The portion sizes were huge! My only regret was that I did not have room for desert, as it sounded amazing. Maybe next time!