“Hooked - As the name says!”
Review of Hooked Restaurant

Hooked Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Alnmouth
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, British
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Offering a menu that changes with the seasons and comprises the very best produce all freshly cooked to order, chef David and his family look forward to welcoming you to Hooked situated on the main street in the lovely coastal village of Alnmouth. Check our website where you can book online and find the most up-to-date information regarding opening times and menu or visit us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, views and photographs.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

A great find! Small, so personal, friendly and attentive service. Clean fresh decor and a good food and wine selection (wih around 6 starters, mains, etc and a specials board) and reasonable prices. Could quite easily have chosen most of the items. A strong emphasis on local, fresh fish. I had the whole gilt head bream with samphire and chestnut mushroom fricasee - delicious. Will definitely go back the next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Had booked in advance, on the strength of the reviews. The service was friendly and efficient, they communicated well. The atmosphere and setting are most pleasant. The food though is the star turn, as it should be. I don't normally bother with a starter, but was tempted by the kipper pate, and it was excellent. Followed with salmon with orange sauce (not a combination I had tried before), it was absolutely perfect. Then onto the pudding (where most places let themselves down), a proper apple crumble, not one of those dreadful oaty things that so many chefs think is clever. I booked for the next night on the spot, was not disappointed by the steak and ale pie, with very tasty chunky chips and swede mash.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Lovely surroundings, attentive waitresses. Delicious spicy Tom soup and classic prawn cocktail to start. Steak and ale pie to die for and sea bass and a Eton mess sharer for dessert. Decent price, lovely quality!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

ate here twice on a recent holiday to Alnmouth, great flavours, excellent fresh ingredients, lovely staff
we holiday in alnmouth evey year, so we will definitely be back,

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Hooked is on our doorstep, and I was coerced into going for a meal by my daughter...and believe me when I say 'I wasn't disappointed'! Amazing food so lovingly prepared, fantastic front of house staff, just the right amount of time between courses...just perfect in every way. You can see that this family run concern takes pride in their quality, preparation & presentation of their menu. And the fact that all of the produce that arrives on your plate is locally sourced is just the 'cherry on the cake'

Visit Hooked, you won't be disappointed...we weren't, and we will be back for more of the Magic produced by this amazing Alnmouth Gem! Mint.

3  Thank CrazyBeagleLady