“Fantastic !!!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nettlebed
Lancashire
“Fantastic !!!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My husband and I recently spent a couple or nights at The White Hart we stayed in room 9 called Olive, it was one of the new rooms in the annexe at the back. I can't quite describe our utter amazement at how luxurious and beautiful the room was we were thoroughly delighted. On the first night we had a 3 course meal included, we opted for the full South African experience ordering the South African sausage starter and the Monkey Gland sauce on the delicious steak, don,t worry no Monkeys were hurt or even in the making of this sauce :-) it was so delicious we ate there again on the second night believe me I can't rate the food/service/hotel high enough, I fail to understand any negative comments about this hotel or staff. Now I'm not a vindictive person and certainly wouldn't participate in tit for tat comments I can only genuinely express my experience and comments. Please don't be put off by people wanting something for nothing as if you read between the lines they have bought a cheap deal and expected far too much. Top tip book through a better search engine ie Secret Escapes pay a pound it two more and get a far better experience as in the end that is what we all want. I can't rate this hotel enough and even though it's a few hundred miles for us we can't wait to return. Well done The White Hart to you and all your staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BrigetteJones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Me, the wife and 2 young kids stayed here for 2 nights in March 2014. We had room number 7 which was huge and had separate bath and shower.

The food was excellent, including the cooked breakfast which you ordered as opposed to picked from a self serve tin. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

Wifi coverage is excellent but you are only entitled to one free hour (either per day or stay? not really sure). Don;t expect any phone signal though.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Geeday
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We have just got back from the white hart , my daughter and son took me here for Mother's Day, it was fantastic, we had the Carvery which was really good, 5 choices of different meat and loads of it, and as much veg as you wanted ! Our waiter was zac and he was absolutely brilliant , nothing was yo much trouble for him, definitely an asset to the white hart!!

Will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I brought a one night stay which included a three course meal and breakfast from Groupon for £79. We stayed in the Olive Room, which had loads of character. Super king bed was great and for once hotel pillows that were decent.

Restaurant was great, very difficult to make a choice as their was so much on the menu. Wine list didn't disappoint. Fantastic service.

When we booked I didn't realise breakfast was included. Again loads of choice.

Would highly recommend this restaurant / hotel which is aimed at families and couples.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Peacehaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

What a lovely Hotel in beautiful surroundings.
We stayed for 2 nights, the room was delightful, really comfortable bed and everything we needed.
Breakfast was plentiful selection of cereal, yoghurt, fresh fruit etc. Tea, coffee juice etc. The full English breakfast was enough to keep you going all day.............it came piping hot with loads of toast!
All the staff were friendly and helpful and nothing seemed too much trouble for them.
We will DEFINATELY be returning. Thanks :)

Room Tip: We stayed in a room at the rear and they were quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Oxford
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Visited for Sunday lunch, booked a table, but no booking recorded when we arrived! Soon sorted and seated in a booth.
Extensive menu, we had carvery and al a carte. All were delicious as were desserts.
Service good, friendly staff.
Love the relaxed atmosphere and decor.
Will be back.

Stayed March 2014
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here on a voucher deal and even this did not make it good value. The one positive for the White Hart is the food and provided that you do not mind being served by a rather surly waiter, I would recommend the restaurant.

I will not repeat the problems with room1, as these have been adequately covered by others that have frequented it. I would just add to their observations that besides noise from traffic, during our stay, a member of staff, who wears pit boots, was occupying the room above ours. This meant that we were woken after midnight, then again at around 0600 hrs.

From other's remarks, I gather that there is an ongoing problem with the heating in this room. On the second time of asking, the duty manager came and fiddled with the radiator and raised the boiler pressure (?), which had a minimal effect on the room temperature. This problem had been there for some months and should have been dealt with.

Unlike Arnie, "We'll NOT be back !"

Room Tip: If you must go, avoid room 1
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Oldagetraveller1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nettlebed
#1 of 2 in Dorchester-on-Thames
Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons
The Catherine Wheel
The Catherine Wheel
#2 of 8 in Henley-on-Thames

Been to The White Hart Hotel? Share your experiences!