The White Hart Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Phyllis Court Club(Henley-on-Thames)
US$230
Loch Fyne Henley(Henley-on-Thames)
US$122
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
The Catherine Wheel(Henley-on-Thames)(Great Value!)
US$110
Hotel du Vin(Henley-on-Thames)
US$166
US$161
  • Restaurant
The Red Lion Hotel(Henley-on-Thames)
US$157
TripAdvisor
The Baskerville(Shiplake)(Great Value!)
US$153
TripAdvisor
All reviewshenley on thamessecret escapes dealroll top bathroad noisetravelzoo offercourse mealfree standing bathlovely roomwalk in showerthe pubfull englishsuperior roomthree courseslarge showercoffee machinecomfy bedenjoyable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I booked this hotel based on the photos and reviews on the net. What I read and experienced were two very different things. The first indication things were not what they seem was upon opening the door. The carpet was filthy. There was no chair in the room, only a puff at the desk, and a random footrest across the room that belonged to no other furnishing in the room. The pillows closely resembled packets of tissues. The spare duvets were stained with blood and other questionable body fluids. The bathroom was a good effort but the water pressure was weak. No towels in the room, had to call the front desk for these. We could here every step of the guest above us. The hotel and restaurant staff provided excellent service. That was the only positive experiences here. A good place to eat, but don't sleep here if you're booking the twin!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank jujicam
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My husband and I recently spent a couple or nights at The White Hart we stayed in room 9 called Olive, it was one of the new rooms in the annexe at the back. I can't quite describe our utter amazement at how luxurious and beautiful the room was we were thoroughly delighted. On the first night we had a 3 course meal included, we opted for the full South African experience ordering the South African sausage starter and the Monkey Gland sauce on the delicious steak, don,t worry no Monkeys were hurt or even in the making of this sauce :-) it was so delicious we ate there again on the second night believe me I can't rate the food/service/hotel high enough, I fail to understand any negative comments about this hotel or staff. Now I'm not a vindictive person and certainly wouldn't participate in tit for tat comments I can only genuinely express my experience and comments. Please don't be put off by people wanting something for nothing as if you read between the lines they have bought a cheap deal and expected far too much. Top tip book through a better search engine ie Secret Escapes pay a pound it two more and get a far better experience as in the end that is what we all want. I can't rate this hotel enough and even though it's a few hundred miles for us we can't wait to return. Well done The White Hart to you and all your staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BrigetteJones
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Me, the wife and 2 young kids stayed here for 2 nights in March 2014. We had room number 7 which was huge and had separate bath and shower.

The food was excellent, including the cooked breakfast which you ordered as opposed to picked from a self serve tin. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

Wifi coverage is excellent but you are only entitled to one free hour (either per day or stay? not really sure). Don;t expect any phone signal though.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Geeday
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We have just got back from the white hart , my daughter and son took me here for Mother's Day, it was fantastic, we had the Carvery which was really good, 5 choices of different meat and loads of it, and as much veg as you wanted ! Our waiter was zac and he was absolutely brilliant , nothing was yo much trouble for him, definitely an asset to the white hart!!

Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I brought a one night stay which included a three course meal and breakfast from Groupon for £79. We stayed in the Olive Room, which had loads of character. Super king bed was great and for once hotel pillows that were decent.

Restaurant was great, very difficult to make a choice as their was so much on the menu. Wine list didn't disappoint. Fantastic service.

When we booked I didn't realise breakfast was included. Again loads of choice.

Would highly recommend this restaurant / hotel which is aimed at families and couples.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple