“lunch time meal with family” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The White Hart

The White Hart
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Nettlebed
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“lunch time meal with family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

went to the white hart first time just moved to area so looking for some where for my family to eat easy to find plenty of parking and the staff were very friendly.
more important the food was very nice good size portions I would recommend the meat feast as a main and the chicken was more than enough for my wife and daughter. we all loved the old favourite sticky toffee pudding we are going to try the sunday carvery another day

• Visited July 2014

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Excellent Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Been to the The White Hart for an evening meal on three occasions lately and each time it just gets better and better, The best part in addition to the highest quality of cuisine it it is very reasonable priced. The staff are very attentive but unobtrusive and look after you in a way that you know they want you to enjoy your meal. Also a great selection of Wines and Beers.
Highly recommend. !!!

• Visited June 2014
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stopped on route lunch with the food well presented and good value.

The service was friendly and the decor relaxing. Thoroughly enjoyed our visit, thank you

Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great stay ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Wonderful location , comfortable modern rooms . Friendly helpful & happy staff and excellent food . Plenty of outdoor space to relax and enjoy extensive wine list. Short taxi ride to Henley on Thames , great for small alternative bars with live music . Will definitely return to the white hart again soon

1 Thank Zoeheff
Nashville, Tennessee
“WHAT A SHAME THAT NARROW MINDED PEOPLE CAN WASTE THERE TIME MAKING ILL JUDGED COMMENTS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

There are two very negative posts on here following this. It is a crying shame that some of us seem to be unable to to either enjoy food served in a new way or understand that when a popular venue is busy that service at the Bar, by a person who is well spoken and mannered suddenly becomes unacceptable.

Such idiotic comments are well just idiotic!

My wife and I were there for lunch on Saturday 17th May, I suspect that the person who chose to make the negative comments were from the West Country, where naturally there would be a wide selection of Cider available. The Bar was extremely busy and the person serving did his utmost best to serve everyone in a timely manner, I suspect that the person who made the negative comment, actually stood next to me and I personally found her to be obnoxious and embarrassing.

The review on the 20th May refers to "Old Oil and Yellow Batter" Oh Dear! perhaps the reviewer was unable to read the menu! Firstly Chips are offered as "French fries OR Chunky with skin on" Secondly the Batter used is rare VERY rare because they use SAFFRON in the batter.......I would suggest that this is up-market and not found in your local Fish and Chip shop!

So perhaps before one makes a review, one should open ones eyes, take in the bigger picture, not be intimidated by well spoken and cultured staff, read the Menu and perhaps even ask questions! After all we get what we pay for, and if we are not happy our FIRST recourse is to complain to the management.

Personally, our experience in this establishment has been excellent, the Food is good, the rooms are fantastic and the Bar which is used by locals is welcoming and not "clicky" I have NEVER been asked to add a tip by any member of staff, and for anyone to suggest that this has happened to them can only be frankly a lie! And a comment made by shear malice.

Sorry if I have ranted somewhat, but if we are to take this site seriously then we must be subjective and take read our menus, take into account how busy the staff are (a good indication I would suggest) and read our menus, even ask questions!

Finally, I totally agree that the ashtrays outside the Bar and Hotel entrance should be cleaned more regularly, but given that they are so busy then perhaps this can be excused.

• Visited May 2014