“Lovely weekend this Hotel great location to discover Western Ross”
Review of Gairloch Hotel

and 1 more site!
Gairloch Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Gairloch
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

The Hotel was very good value for a 3 night B&B/3 course diner deal with Shearings, the room was basic but clean, the food excellent, good choice at Breakfast & in the evening, entertainment was provided on Sat night. A great spot to discover Western Ross a beautiful location. If u go you must try the A896 route from Applecross to Loch Carron, it is spectacular! Voted one of the most scenic routes on the world by National Geographic!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank lindsayhmore
TonyThomas2012, Manager at Gairloch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback about the Gairloch Hotel and the Wester Ross area, the drive around Applecross is a personal favourite of myself, I look forward to your return to discover more of our hidden gems

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We have booked our holiday with Sharings Holidays Company from Ashford Kent. From 28 July 2013 to 02 August 2013 we were in the Gairloch Hotel in Room no 119. Our room was the worst, i never seen. The towels were left on the floor before our arrival (please look at the pictures). The front of our window was overlooking a brick wall like in the prison. The old TV had just 4 channels and was on the small table, below the levelo the bed and difficult to watch. The tiles on the bathroom were broken. The bar entrance door was orrible (Please look at the pictures). The water jug in the restorant was broken.The carpet in our room was smelly.
I would not recommend to anybody.

Room Tip: check the room before you book. After is too late!
13  Thank Max2144
TonyThomas2012, Manager at Gairloch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Thank you for your comments, I have noted your concerns and only wish I was given the oppurtunity to address them during your stay

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Just back from Gairloch last Saturday, had a Lovely week, we had a small problem with our room but nothing that could not be sorted, John and his staff are so helpful, nothing is too much trouble, all staff are polite & friendly & helpful, The food is always good & plenty of choice on menu.
Entertainment is traditional so what do folk expect when they come up to The Highlands of Scotland (Take That) ? So to John & Staff See you all next Year
M Carnwath

4  Thank margaret c
TonyThomas2012, Manager at Gairloch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Thank you for your review, I am glad we were able to have the chance to address any issue that arose during your stay and it did not spoil your holiday with us, I have passed your comments on to all the staff and I am assured that you will return next year to your "favourite place".

Reviewed 18 July 2013

This is a typical Shearings Hotel, accommodation basic, food basic, decor needs upgrading and entertainment for senior citizens. On the up-side, all the staff were very friendly but they could do with having a permanent receptionist as we had to hunt for someone when we were checking-in and frequently had to retrieve our room key when returning after a day out. Don't be fooled by the picture in the brochure as there is a main road outside the hotel although it was not really busy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the loch
5  Thank BigmanBrighton
TonyThomas2012, Manager at Gairloch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Thank you for your comments, I have passed your positive remarks onto the staff, I am aware of the issue arising from the receptionist also serving at the bar during the afternoon and have taken steps to rectify the matter. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Did a Shearings 8 day holiday to Scotland which included 6 nights at Gairloch hotel. First impression on approaching is wow.A beautful old building overlooking the loch. Sadly this was the end of any more wow moments. Carpet in recepton has several big rucks in it and several people including myself almost tripped up on them. 1st room had no shower and 2nd was very small.Door to toilet from toilet/bedroom did not shut and there was no extraction in toilet/bathroom so bodily function smells lingered a long time in bedroom.Yuck. Not very pleasant. TV was very old big square portable.with only 3 channels and no text. Positioned very low to floor so could not be viewed from one of the beds. Dining room- tables far too small for 4 people, staff mostly foreign and very pleasant but language problems meant I never got what I ordered at breakfast. Food although basic was reasonable.Entertainment was abysmal and like a retirement home. Very limited seating space in bar and only 1 table and 8 nasty cheap plastic chairs outside. Awful when you consider temperature was in 70s/80s.Decor throughout rooms and hotel is cheap tatty and dirty. Some windows had not been cleaned for ages and were disgusting. I could go on but I think you have the impression by now. This is a very poorly managed hotel but has the potential to be something special if only Shearings would spend money. I got a last minute deal here and paid £229. Most people paid £449 plus a £59 upgrade to a sea view.For that kind of money I would expect a 2 week holiday abroad in a 4 star hotel on an all inclusive basis with clean linen and towels every day. Sorry Shearings but you were a big let down and I will probably stick with National Holidays for my future UK breaks. One great big huge 5 star plus was Martin the driver.

8  Thank jostuGateshead
TonyThomas2012, Manager at Gairloch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank you for your comments, I have passed your positive feedback on to the staff and Martin the driver of your coach; I am glad you enjoyed your excursions around of beautiful area. I have taken note of your comments about the hotel

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We just got back from another visit to Bay Gairloch. We had a fabulous time. The hotel, food and staff were all great. A special thanks to John for his help. The weather was great which was an added bonus. This time we decided not to go to Inverness and stayed in the locality. Had a great day. As usual the trip to Skye was great with an added bonus of stopping at Eilean Donan castle. It is iconic-you see a picture of Eilean Donan most often when Scotland is advertised. The trip to Applecross was fabulous-if you had to say there was a highlight of the trip that was probably it. The lobster sandwich at the Applecross Inn was great. Colin, the driver, was great. Don't fall for his jokes!-although they were funny. Would we go again? Absolutely! It is the one place that I would recommend to anyone.

5  Thank janet190800

Thank you for your positive comments, I have passed them onto the staff and Colin; my mouth is watering at the thought of the lobster sandwich. I know it will not be long until you retutn again to the Gairloch Hotel

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Our first uk trip with Sheerings, arrived in time for our evening meal after a very long day. Our room was fine it was a good size and clean although a bit basic.we had upgraded to sea view which is worth doing.Nice size white towels which could be changed each day if requested and tea and coffee facilities. The food was basic but plentiful and the staff in the restaurant were very pleasant. The entertainment in the hotel was good but a bit repetitive. Not sure it was a good idea to go on our first trip of the week the next day after arrival, would of preferred a day of relaxation. Our driver was very knowledgeable and a good safe driver but we got a little fed up of hearing about his mates!!! We had a very enjoyable week and will certainly travel with Sheerings again.All in all it was good value.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LancashireJas
TonyThomas2012, Manager at Gairloch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad your first time with Shearings and your stay at the Gairloch Hotel was enjoyable and look forward to your next trip with us

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gairloch
Shieldaig Lodge
#1 of 1 in Poolewe
Kinlochewe Hotel
Kinlochewe Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kinlochewe

Been to Gairloch Hotel? Share your experiences!